• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Crawlie the Crawla - BETA Released! OMG! (New Super Frames!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a new character that I thought about and was dying to put in SRB2. Introducing Crawlie the Crawla! He sounds like some playable badnik, but he's more than just that! As a renegade Eggman robot gone weird, with a hovering ability and the capability to go Mental Crawlie (his bad tempered Super form), he's more that ready to kick Eggy's scrawny butt! Featuring 100% edited sprites by me, as well as custom sounds full of laughter, this will blow you out of the water! Now that the BETA is released, you shall see what to witness until the finished WAD comes out.

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY:
BETA WITHOUT SOUNDS - For those who prefer it.
BETA WITH SOUNDS - For those who don't mind sounds at all. (Like me.)
SPECIAL EDITION BETA - Same as the BETA with sounds, but contains a special suprise just for you! XD

Please note as I have said before, this is a BETA. The following are not included or not used yet:
- Mental Crawlie (Super form)
- Possible... err... other stuff?

FINISHED SPRITES: (Just for showcase, more sprites are in the wad)

Normal Form:
crawlfrontpv6.png
crawlfrontsideau2.png
crawlsidehn2.png
crawlbacksideal8.png
crawlbackuq8.png

Mental Form (Rawr):
mentalv21jc8.png
mentalv22eo8.png
mentalv23jc2.png
mentalv24nn3.png
mentalv25kb2.png

CREDITS:
SonicTheDalek (Original Idea, Graphics and stuff...)
Fish Hook (Voices for the character)
nitro_the_hedgehog (Helping out with the Mental Form)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Cutmanmike and Nev3r for inspiration for the Special Edition.

Now go and comment!

Wow, those taunts would be VERY anoying and VERY adult for SRB2.

Though the crawla does look like a recolour of a blue crawla with sigma's face, and jetty-syn fumes.

Meh, at least it is something different than a sonic coloured yellow, and thinks he went over 9000.

How many attempted recolors are there? Over 9000!!!

Seriously though, you are not the first person to try this. Besides the catchphrases you mentioned, this wad doesn't look to interesting. The design you applied is something anybody can do and it doesn't look to diffrent then the original enemies, try a complete redesign that would be alot more interesting.

You should probably replace those mostly censored words with complete censoring. It's against the rules to only half censor.

Although, this sounds freakin' hilarious. Might just give it a try.

Yeah, I might as well change the sounds to something less cursing and more funny.

EDIT: Changed the script. Now I need a less retarded voice than mine.

The taunts sound a bit funny. I dont know if this is a recolor or not, because a recolor is like changing the color or something. Anyways, I kinda like it.

I think some of the taunts need to be changed. Also, to get accepted, not only do they need to be good, they need to sound good. I've PMed you what they should sound like.
(Lets just say I take the term 'Human Resources' too literaly! XD Ask me if you want more sounds to hear if they're right.)

Draykon said:
What? No more gun for a mouth, and organic rose girl with nice tits? D:
So, you basically want those two lines back (even though the second one sounds a bit dirty)?

Oh, and back sprite added, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back