If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

Do you think it will be the end of Sonic The Hedgehog? Sega's losing Sonic fans fast, people eventually will see Sonic The Hedgehog games not as a saga, but as incoherrent games that come out every now and then. Also, the quality of the gameplay may also degrade by that time, so now it would be a bad game altogether. I'm really ticked at how Sonic fell in love. He's not supposed to marry, or love anyone, ever! That's how he was made! Sonic creators made Sonic fall in love because Yuji Naka left Sonic Team during the development of the new Sonic. (Amy must be heartbroken too.)

When Sega finally messes up Sonic this much, how will you think of him? I'm always going to remain loyal, and hate the games like the new Sonic that 's comeing out. If Sega doesn't straighten out, the true Sonic will survive only in sites like these.

If Sega makes a bad Sonic game, why go emo? If you think that game totally sucks just don't buy it, nobody will shoot you.
I like Sonic and most Sonic games (although I like the old games much better than the new), but I'm not obligated to be loyal to him.
Sonic is just a character and being loyal to something or someone like it is a God or something is just really stupid.
Take this as an example:Someone comes up with stupid Sonic - branded non-healthy candies. Should I be obligated to eat those candies just because I'm a Sonic fan? No.
My two cents.

Eh, I voted the first one. I don't really like what Sonic Team's done to the franchise.

I love sonic games. Played all of them and liked them. Sonic Rush and SA and SA2 are my favorites. I also make some games with him.

But it seems like they dont have the same people who programmed SA & SA2, those were the best 3D ones.

Most of the handheld games've been great, and Sonic will live on with websites, fangames, fanfiction, sprite comics, etc.

Ashovare said:
Also, the quality of the gameplay may also degrade by that time, so now it would be a bad game altogether.
It's already done that. Sonic is already a failure. I mean, how much worse can it get?

OH MY GOD! Yuji Naka left!? Man I always wanted to meet him and no i'm just like ehh whatever.Maybe he knew that people would hate the game movement.

Tis sad what they've done to Sonic. He can be redeemed, but Sega needs to do it QUICKLY. Sonic Series is so awesome...up until SA2B.

3D games: The only one that's been bad is Sonic'06, and that's just the 360 version. Apparently, the PS3 adn PC versions will be a whole lot better.
2D games (handhelds): Most of them've rocked. The only ones that've sucked have been Sonic Genesis, Sonic Blast, Sonic Spinball (GG/MS) and Mena Bean Machine (GG/MS). Yes, I liked Sonic Labrynth and Tails' Sky Patrol, STFU.

Sonic isn't dieing. Hell, th eonly point when Sonic has gone down has been with Sonic'06, and that's being fixed for the PS3 and PC, and a pathc for the 360 version might be made. Sonic Rivals is also one of the Next-Gen Sonic games, and by all accounts it's been one of the greatest Sonic games to date. Sonic and the Secret Rings has been in producton for 3 YEARS, so that's gonna be another Next-Gen game that'll be great.

Sonic has never died. Sonic has remained strong. The ONLY reason we're losing fans is because everybody listens to Reviewers, adn those Reviewers hate the Sonic franchise because each game is different from the last, because the Sonic games have gone from rainbows and 2D to realistic and 3D. And that realistic and 3D approach is one of the greatest things SEGA and Sonic Team could've done.

I may not like Sonic Heroes all that much, but it's only because of the cheesy lines, the bad voice acting and the. Stupidest. Storyline. EVAR.

TimberWolf said:
3D games: The only one that's been bad is Sonic'06, and that's just the 360 version. Apparently, the PS3 adn PC versions will be a whole lot better.
2D games (handhelds): Most of them've rocked. The only ones that've sucked have been Sonic Genesis, Sonic Blast, Sonic Spinball (GG/MS) and Mena Bean Machine (GG/MS). Yes, I liked Sonic Labrynth and Tails' Sky Patrol, STFU.

Sonic isn't dieing. Hell, th eonly point when Sonic has gone down has been with Sonic'06, and that's being fixed for the PS3 and PC, and a pathc for the 360 version might be made. Sonic Rivals is also one of the Next-Gen Sonic games, and by all accounts it's been one of the greatest Sonic games to date. Sonic and the Secret Rings has been in producton for 3 YEARS, so that's gonna be another Next-Gen game that'll be great.

Sonic has never died. Sonic has remained strong. The ONLY reason we're losing fans is because everybody listens to Reviewers, adn those Reviewers hate the Sonic franchise because each game is different from the last, because the Sonic games have gone from rainbows and 2D to realistic and 3D. And that realistic and 3D approach is one of the greatest things SEGA and Sonic Team could've done.

I may not like Sonic Heroes all that much, but it's only because of the cheesy lines, the bad voice acting and the. Stupidest. Storyline. EVAR.
...Where have you been?
People on this forum have reviewed SONIC The Hedgehog and gave it poor reviews due to bugs, wierd controls and not fully enjoying the experience. So you say these people are wrong, who wasted $60 dollars on the game? I have never played the game, just the demo, but seeing the gameplay for myself, I'm not impressed, at ALL.
I wonder if you've played the demo OR the full game for yourself, once?

TimberWolf said:
The ONLY reason we're losing fans is because everybody listens to Reviewers, adn those Reviewers hate the Sonic franchise because each game is different from the last, because the Sonic games have gone from rainbows and 2D to realistic and 3D. And that realistic and 3D approach is one of the greatest things SEGA and Sonic Team could've done.
The reviews are right, bub. "Adn" sometimes different is bad. Very bad.

Now about the differences between Happy-dah 2D and realistic 3D:
Sonic was created in a Happy-dah laddy-yah environment. He was cool there. A thing of fantasy does not belong in a real world, no matter how much it's changed. If you wanted realism, try manga, specifically Rurouni Kenshin. Or better yet, real life. Works for me.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
TimberWolf said:

...Where have you been?
People on this forum have reviewed SONIC The Hedgehog and gave it poor reviews due to bugs, wierd controls and not fully enjoying the experience. So you say these people are wrong, who wasted $60 dollars on the game? I have never played the game, just the demo, but seeing the gameplay for myself, I'm not impressed, at ALL.
I wonder if you've played the demo OR the full game for yourself, once?
I only meant games like Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, etc.

And do you REALLY think that Sonic would've survived as rainbows and 2D? If so, you need to learn more about games.

I hate to break it to ya, but I hoped you weren't serious about the rainbows. That was just something to get a feel of the difference. Sonic was doing good as far as background goes. He just was never serious. Thats all.

I actually just used the rainbows thing because someone else at another forum used pretty much the same thing. As well, we the Sonic fans are growing up. Those that got into Sonic from the beginning are way older than 6.

There's a difference between a "kid's game" and "family friendly". Schoolhouse is a kid's game. The Genesis titles, CD included, are "family friendly" - no content present that's going to upset the kids, but it takes itself seriously enough without being cheesy so that adults can still enjoy it as well.

That's actually what people mean by "kiddie" games most of the time, which doesn't mean that's what it means, necessarily, just that they're utterly inept when it comes to using the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back