Moderators in the Post-Mystic realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Why shouldn't a fangame community be democratic? Mystic wanted it to be authoritarian and that served whose benefit? None of us own Sonic, or the game. So why shouldn't it be democratic?...

A main part of the Dev team are also mods, do you think we need a talk-talker as a mod? No, neither the Devs need no one to tell them how to moderate the a forum for the game they're making. These Devs don't own Sonic, but what you haven't think of is that these are the people working on the game, therefore Democracy wouldn't help but make it less enjoyable for them to work on, entitle people for no reason is the worst thing could happen here (and in any place, democracy hasn't prove it best, look at USA and most Latin American countries, examples of democracy).
What do you mean none owns the game? STJR works and has work hard in this game for decades, they do indeed deserve that respect, should therefor be Mods.
If you see, my arguments are mentioned more than 1 time throughout the post, it my might mean that you are saying stuff that could be answered with only 1 argument.

The term limit idea is not a good one for a place like here. While good for outung bad actors, it also removes the good ones and can allow other bad actors to power.

I feel the best people for the job of running the mb are the development staff, the mods and Admins we currently have, and those whome they trust to bring on.

While this is a community, it's more like one that rents (for free) the private property they use. (Like an apartment building) Rules have to be followed even in times of changing power.

Last edited:
...Sorry for being so opinionated. I'm not aiming to offend you or anyone. I'm not saying Mystic's departure shows you're a disorganized mess. I'm saying the fact that it took so long shows you're a disorganized mess.

I don't doubt it's in better shape than before, but the condescending tone and behavior only continues to indicate that you think Mystic was the lone problem causer, one or two bad apples, and I think it's a structural issue.

I'm not exactly sure why someone would tie their personality to being Lord of a Sonic forum, but I don't think that's a healthy attitude to encourage in a community.

You are trying to manipulate, that' why you got your infraction; do you think people in this community can't see through your good intentions?
So, if we have suspicions over a dev then we should take them down and ban them from the community? Mods need more than just suspicions to take actions, and more if that's to someone part of the community.

You are the only one I'm seeing here with "condescending tone", answering "yes" to "do you have any experience with community management", I can see you want these elections so bad so you can go top and be part of the mods for literally no reason more than "people elected me".

Who is that someone? I haven't seen anyone claiming to be "lord of the forum", in fact, I don't think there is such thing.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Not gonna lie, this stuff is getting tiresome.

You're not driving the discussion, you're arguing a proposal that's been unanimously agreed is pointless. Any experience in moderation notwithstanding.

It's been discussed to death already. At this point you're actively pestering people to make things you want. Closing these threads is within acceptable measures and this really feels more like an attack on D00D64 for being the moderator responsible for it.

Hypocrite. From all your posts I've read on this thread it's yours displaying the most condescension. Inciting baseless arguments, cherry-picking from peoples' posts and an overall holier-than-thou attitude. I don't even care for being rude. You're getting on everyone's nerves. Please quit this behavior while you're ahead.

I love this.

I kinda came late to the party, repeating arguments for not making sure people already made them; it also just proves that it's not only me seeing that.

i dunno. there are fair criticisms you can make about how stuff used to be run and how it should change for the future, but this approach was not really the way... lol

to be a bit more constructive: i can say that opening a channel for people to communicate concerns about moderation would be a really good idea. (if only to prevent threads like this, lmao).

a lot of the bigger communities i'm a part of have a public mod codex (like, rules for mods to follow) and some sort of official communication line to ask mods stuff, like for assistance or help with something, or concerns, etc.

it could definitely be a good move, especially with all that's happened, to really identify what could be changed to better serve the community—and those who are understandably concerned about the future—and improve the mod-user relationship overall. has inherent benefits, like reducing the amount of effort it takes to moderate as consequence of users being more receptive, giving users the space to trust mod staff enough to report something that needs to be addressed, lifting the general vibe of shared community spaces, etc.

the black wedding

729907224259854427.png

There's a few Mods who seem "suspicious" to me based just on their posts and some behavior I've witnessed in the Discord.

It was very ill-considered of you to toss this out there in light of recent events, wherein several members of the community recounted bullying and sexual harassment from ex-staff members, while underage no less, only for this "suspicious" accusation to just be about you seemingly being grumpy a moderator closed a thread of yours. I don't mean this as backseat moderation, to be clear, just that this was a very tactless and thoughtless thing to say without further elucidation.

I never agreed with an authoritarian moderation system, or government, or any jurisdiction period. But truth to be told, regardless of whether it is democratic or authoritarian, the team should have basic respect for the work they've already done, and we should listen of them especially since the moderation here is fine to begin with lol. There was literally no reason for this thread to exist

I was expecting this to be a helpful topic listing out and introducing the new staff. What it actually turned out to be... Yikes.

Honestly I think it's the staff team's own business how they add and remove fellow staff. Typically on a forum common users can PM staff if they feel another staff member has misused their position, and then it's up to the staff to decide what to do with that information. It's not our place to tell them how to run their website, nor should it be. The most we can and should do is raise concerns should they arise so that they can be either addressed or (in cases of little to no evidence) dismissed.

i have a feeling this thread should be locked.... we all had our fun mocking the op, and trying to introduce a democracy in an all-ages fangame is kinda dumb.
though keeping it up for actual discussion is good for me too.

i have a feeling this thread should be locked.... we all had our fun mocking the op, and trying to introduce a democracy in an all-ages fangame is kinda dumb.
though keeping it up for actual discussion is good for me too.
I would agree about locking the thread. I have no idea why the OP got tempbanned but I think this would be wise to not do democracy (which I agree about with XleederTH ) as it's just a fangame and a forum with moderators.

Everything that needs to be said has probably been said and the thread has run it's course, so yeah I agree. Locking would probably be the best course of action.

I agree with locking the thread, but I believe the mods didn't do so because they didn't find a reason; they might be waiting for someone to actually bring some criticism? Which is funny because the thread mentioned at some point the mods don't let us criticise them...
I'm not trying to imply that the mods might be doing some weird hidden stuff, I'm saying that this thread could lead to someone doing constructive criticism.

Well, if its agreed to lock it, and nobody's got complains, I feel no need to keep it open.

If you have any actual criticism or complaints, you can still contact us. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back