How to change save data for srb2 Android version 2.2.x

Basic Bronze Sonic

Barely active MB member, active on Discord/Twitter
alright so let's acknowledge something first.
cheating may not be okay but there is no way anyone can 100% srb2 on Android, but still don't do stuff like hack the master server because that is seriously bad so keep your hacking stuff offline alright.
with that out of the way let's begin.

welcome to the tutorial on how to change save data for srb2 Android version 2.2.x, let's begin.
note- this may work for outdated versions but the is less support for that stuff.

requirements- you require a file editor so something like z archive and rar and also you are required to not be an idiot so do not be that person who's like
what the idiot would say said:
whoops looks like I deleted my downloads folder so OH MY GOD PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS
sorry if that was rude but I need to get the point across.

step 1-
get a mobile port (no duh)
attachment.php

preferably from srb2.org because it is both the easiest to work with and the most trustworthy.

step 2-
once installed go into the Android folder
attachment.php

and before the idiot in the corner asks yes once you've installed the app it will be in the Android folder unless you have a crappy port and to that I say get the official port.

step 3-
once in the folder for the app move and or remove the gamedata.dta file
attachment.php

the reason for this is so it doesn't conflict or overide the game data you want in the game.

step 4-
get a different gamedata.dta file
attachment.php

preferably from speedrun.com because they give out a save file with all unlockables and emblems plus they are quite trustworthy.

step 5-
put that same 100% gamedata.dta file and put it in the srb2 Android folder
attachment.php

don't worry about file placement because the file editor will usually do it for you unless you have a terrible port which I will not repeat myself about that.

hooray you did it so now you've just skipped playing the entire game and now you get to mess around with all the fun stuff.

once again please note that cheating like hacking and stuff is not because okay so please don't do that stuff or at least keep it offline.
thanks for reading and thanks for following the instructions.

Thanks, it was helpfull i guess. � Despise not playing srb2 Android, i find this tutorial kinda funny

Anything like this for Kart? I've had no luck with medals so I'm only interested in seeing all the extra stuff, not breaking leader boards.

I wish I could help but I'm only on Android so I have no idea how to help you so all I can say is either make a thread asking that question on its respective forum section or Google it and hope for the best.
this thread is meant for Android user help so don't expect to get help with srb2k because as far as I'm aware there isn't a mobile port for srb2k.
Thanks for reading.

ANNOUNCEMENT

If you've just installed srb2 and don't see a gamedata.dta file then you can just simply slap in your custom gamedata.dta file and srb2 will be totally A ok with it and I know this because I tried it, your welcome if you were worrying about that.

alright so let's acknowledge something first.
cheating may not be okay but there is no way anyone can 100% srb2 on Android, but still don't do stuff like hack the master server because that is seriously bad so keep your hacking stuff offline alright.
with that out of the way let's begin.

welcome to the tutorial on how to change save data for srb2 Android version 2.2.x, let's begin.
note- this may work for outdated versions but the is less support for that stuff.

requirements- you require a file editor so something like z archive and rar and also you are required to not be an idiot so do not be that person who's like

sorry if that was rude but I need to get the point across.

step 1-
get a mobile port (no duh)
attachment.php

preferably from srb2.org because it is both the easiest to work with and the most trustworthy.

step 2-
once installed go into the Android folder
attachment.php

and before the idiot in the corner asks yes once you've installed the app it will be in the Android folder unless you have a crappy port and to that I say get the official port.

step 3-
once in the folder for the app move and or remove the gamedata.dta file
attachment.php

the reason for this is so it doesn't conflict or overide the game data you want in the game.

step 4-
get a different gamedata.dta file
attachment.php

preferably from speedrun.com because they give out a save file with all unlockables and emblems plus they are quite trustworthy.

step 5-
put that same 100% gamedata.dta file and put it in the srb2 Android folder
attachment.php

don't worry about file placement because the file editor will usually do it for you unless you have a terrible port which I will not repeat myself about that.

hooray you did it so now you've just skipped playing the entire game and now you get to mess around with all the fun stuff.

once again please note that cheating like hacking and stuff is not because okay so please don't do that stuff or at least keep it offline.
thanks for reading and thanks for following the instructions.
Whenever i tried to click the "200/200 save file" thing. For some reason it just downloads a html file for no reason.

Whenever i tried to click the "200/200 save file" thing. For some reason it just downloads a html file for no reason.
It works for me still but I'll repost the zip here as an attachment file for you.

Attachments

• gamedata_ou09x.zip
    279 bytes · Views: 185

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back