Resource icon

[Open Assets] Sturm (v1.0) Invades SRB2K from Advance Wars

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Puncle

J8kg1H4.png

tenor.gif

JaugPVX.png

tenor.gif

Tvr1eHs.png

tenor.gif

"Hmm..."
"All you have left now... is fear."
"Burning earth!!!"
- Sturm

Today I bring forth my first custom kart rather than just the racer in Sturm, the ruthless conqueror and Commanding Officer of Black Hole from Advance Wars 1 & 2, and his sleek machine.

At a menacing [8,9] he often ignores terrain and opposing karts alike.

There are plans to add lua eventually for additional details. The kart is based on several inspirations from the game, using elements of most notably the recon, APC, and tank units of Black Hole and attempting to replicate the style of the game as closely as possible without compromising too much on rotation animation. The damage animations are direct translations of the hit animation from tank and bullet rounds in the game, as well as the washed out flash of a unit taking damage while Sturm remains unphased as in the second game. The default color is silver.

yPmHit2.png

5G5HZ3C.png

For any interested in what the sounds are, the attacks are recordings of tank and recon on infantry from the game, the boost is from the jet movement sound, credits to Oblivion Guitar on YouTube for the cover of Sturm's theme used as the win clip, the Black Hole CO Super Power Theme is used for the power up, passing is the base capture sound, losing is a campaign lost jingle, hitconfirm is the sound of the game zooming out from a battle and a unit being destroyed entirely, and being hit is the sound of a tank unit attacking an APC.

I'd like to thank Quaker Oats (The Animator) aka Scootie over on the Discord server for helping me convert everything, making the demo clips, and dealing with me regularly adjusting the sounds. I also thank the server in general for advice, motivation, and quality checks.

Feeback is always appreciated, when rating please tell me why you rated it so.

Attachments

• KC_Sturm-v1.0.pk3.7z
    2.3 MB · Views: 295
  • kart0029.gif
    kart0029.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 228
  • kart0034.gif
    kart0034.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! However, do please also upload the Screenshot GIFs to the MB, so we have them on our server. The other extra images don't need to be uploaded here, but screenshots always do.

Alright, for some reason the middle one keeps crashing with a 524 timeout error no matter what way I try to upload it, but the first and third are uploaded.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back