Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
That game (with a long name) is a spin-off to the Legend of Zelda series made by the indie devs who made Crypt of the Necrodancer, this game is a love letter to the 2D Zelda game (from A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and the two Oracle games to Minish Cap and Four Swords) and a great rythm-based action game as well.

It had Zelda playable as well as Link and Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer's main protagonist) but also got Octavo as a free DLC.

It will have 3 more DLCs and a physical release of the game with all DLC.

They truly deserved it honestly.

Let's put it this way: If my avatar wasn't Animal Crossing related, it would be Freddie Merchantry.

I've been playing through DLC Pack 1 lately ;o Did a full Freddie Permadeath run, probably will do Impa next.

I definitely don't have the skill or patience to play as Aria or Yves, though. I still need at least two potions to make it through both Octavo and Ganon with a full health bar. ;-;

It seems like the sort of game I'd enjoy, except, I ain't got no rhythm.

That's one reason why Fixed Beat mode is a thing there. With that, you don't have to worry about moving to the beat except for a certain minigame. And it's not tied to a single character like it was in Crypt.

It seems like the sort of game I'd enjoy, except, I ain't got no rhythm.
That's one reason why Fixed Beat mode is a thing there. With that, you don't have to worry about moving to the beat except for a certain minigame. And it's not tied to a single character like it was in Crypt.

Yeah, good thing that CoH is more casual-friendly than CotN, the no-beats mode plays more like a Mystery Dungeon game than a rhythm one.

@J-town: I sadly still haven't tried the bonus characters yet (I'm playing as Zelda in Dungeon mode) and I wish that there were more than 3 save slots because of the update.

Furthermore, I am glad Impa gets some love in the new DLC, I wished she got into Smash Bros Ultimate...

While I haven't got a Switch (yet) this is definitely one of the first games I'd pick up, because I've played a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer and had a blast.

Really it's surprising to me that Nintendo even let Brace Yourself Games develop a game with the Zelda brand, considering how guarded they usually are with their intellectual properties. It was a very rare opportunity and I've heard nothing but good things about CoH so I figure they succeeded in making the most of it.

While I haven't got a Switch (yet) this is definitely one of the first games I'd pick up, because I've played a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer and had a blast.

Really it's surprising to me that Nintendo even let Brace Yourself Games develop a game with the Zelda brand, considering how guarded they usually are with their intellectual properties. It was a very rare opportunity and I've heard nothing but good things about CoH so I figure they succeeded in making the most of it.
I need to replay Crypt but I got rusty because of how easier Cadence was (it's not a bad thing because I think there are challenge modes that replicate Crypt like dungeon mode, double BPM and permadeath).

I'm also glad Nintendo lent Zelda to another company (last time was Capcom with Minish Cap right? Or the unholy CDI game but we won't talk about them).

I wonder if they could do the same with their less popular series such as F-zero or Starfox someday.

I need to replay Crypt but I got rusty because of how easier Cadence was (it's not a bad thing because I think there are challenge modes that replicate Crypt like dungeon mode, double BPM and permadeath).

I'm also glad Nintendo lent Zelda to another company (last time was Capcom with Minish Cap right? Or the unholy CDI game but we won't talk about them).

I wonder if they could do the same with their less popular series such as F-zero or Starfox someday.

Orcales were also Capcom (Flagship or whatever) no? And wasn't there a Starfox by Platinum Games?

That's the thing, I'm glad indie devs get to work on Franchises, instead of just bigger corps. And Nintendo handing over the wheel allows for things like XCOM Mario, but I checked out my playtime, of Cadence, on switch and it barely registered. Not sure why I fell out so hard, and I'm not sure if disabling beats would solve that. I mean I remember constantly visiting RogueBasin as a teen, but I don't really touch roguelikes much anymore and never liked roguelites much to begin with. Then again, I'm a "the game is better the second time" and "starting from scratch is better than that ungodly new game plus" type player.

Orcales were also Capcom (Flagship or whatever) no? And wasn't there a Starfox by Platinum Games?

That's the thing, I'm glad indie devs get to work on Franchises, instead of just bigger corps. And Nintendo handing over the wheel allows for things like XCOM Mario, but I checked out my playtime, of Cadence, on switch and it barely registered. Not sure why I fell out so hard, and I'm not sure if disabling beats would solve that. I mean I remember constantly visiting RogueBasin as a teen, but I don't really touch roguelikes much anymore and never liked roguelites much to begin with. Then again, I'm a "the game is better the second time" and "starting from scratch is better than that ungodly new game plus" type player.
Well the Capcom/Flagship Zelda games are some of my fav in the series (I'm a big fan of the 2D and handheld Zelda games, especially the four sword and fallen timeline one) so I'm glad that Cadence follows this design.

As for Platinum's Starfox, Zero it was apparently disappointing (I never touched a Wii U) so it makes me sad as a fan of this franchise to see that we'll never see any other game any soon.

And I became bored of roguelikes (played too much Isaac) so when Cadence was announced I began CotN and I liked it even more than any other RL I've played before.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back