Status
Not open for further replies.
Mecha Sonic is back... and is ready to take down Dr. Robotnik.
attachment.php

(This is a beta! Sprites are still the same unfortunately (check changelog regarding sprites), but I highly suggest that you still try the character, we did a LUA overhaul! Please do not be afraid to leave feedback!)

Go check out the new MD3 by Manuel! @ https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=48424
(Note: You MUST have Version 2.3+ of Mecha in order for it to work properly.)

Abilities:
- Ability 1 - Mecha Sonic can super-jump! Jump as soon as you hit the ground to perform one. The faster you hit the ground, the higher you go!

- Ability 2 - Free Roll: Roll around and gain momentum, like a wheel!

- Ability 3 - Hover-Dash makes its return! Press and hold 'Jump' mid-air to perform a Hover-Dash!

- Passive Ability 1 - Mecha Sonic is a heavy death-machine. Landing on breakable floors will crush them.

- Passive Ability 2 - Since Mecha Sonic is crafted out of strong metal, spikes do not harm him during his landing period. Use this moment to Superjump outta there!
I'll Crush You!
- Super Form Abilities!
Ability 1 - Press spin in mid-air to plummet downwards, bounce, and perform an Armageddon blast!

Ability 2 - Hover becomes infinite flight!

More abilities coming soon...
Changelog:
V2.4.5 Beta
- The Hover-Dash returns! Mecha can hover for ~2.5 seconds before falling back to the ground.
- Handling while rolling slightly improved.
- Downforce removed. THZ1 was impossible to complete without being in super-mode due to the Downforce making the steam pipes not push you high enough.
- Other minor fixes
- Sonic.exe Removed

V2.4.1 Beta
- Removed the requirement to not push any movement keys to perform the superjump.
- Superjump height is now dependent on your falling speed prior.
- Minor bugfixes...

V2.4 Beta
- New CSS! Along with placeholder icons (subject to change)
- Entire moveset revamped once more, hopefully this one feels better! (Will update the moveset section momentarily)
- Removed skid on running sound.

V2.3 Beta (MD3 Support!)
- Introducing a new MD3 by Manuel! You MUST have version 2.3+ of Mecha in order for it to work properly. You can get it here: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=48424
- Landing frames have been added to show how heavy Mecha is.
- Overall balancing.
- Drop Dash removed.

V2.2 Beta:
- Hover time increased and ability reworked.
- Drop dash added.
- Mecha can now bounce twice!
- Bounce height cap removed (this was my idea)
- Introducing Blurzapper! Our newest spriter! With the addition of Blur to our team, we've made great progress! The preview is shown above. (Courtesy of Blurzapper and fluffy)

V2.11 Beta:
- You can now bounce up to two times per jump.
- Increased height cap on the bounce.
- Increased normalspeed to 36 from 30.
- mindash increased from 1 to 10.
- Spin control speed cap increased from 45 to 48.

V2.1, The Bounce Beta!:
- Mecha Sonic can now bounce! Press spin mid-air to plummet downwards and shake the earth beneath you!
- Super mode Armageddon pow now activates upon bouncing.
- On another note.... Feel free to DM me @CANINE#3432 if you are interested in helping with the sprites. We have a direction set, but the process is difficult and long with just a small amount of us working on them, so we'll take any help we can get!

V2.02 Beta:
- Fixed infinite inescapable hovering bug.
- Added Infinite flight mode for super mode!

v2.01 Beta:
- Quick Evade has been removed.
- Hover-dash has been updated:
+ Quick Evade has been incorporated for the first few frames of Hover-dash.
+ Hover-dash now ends when Mecha uncurls.
- Fixed a weird speed bug from when you do the Hover-dash at high speeds.
- I'll crush you!
+ Introducing super mode abilities! We only have one right now, but more are coming!
+ While in super mode, press spin in mid-air to perform an Armageddon blast.
- Adjusted speed values to suit Mecha's overall feel.
- Pressing forward while charging spindash will make you begin rolling without needing to release the spin key.

v2.0 BETA!:
- Mecha Sonic's abilities have been entirely overhauled! The abilities added are:
+ Hover-dash
+ Wheel-like rolling mechanism
+ Evade
+ Peelout-like spindash
all old abilities have been removed.
- Lua has been re-done and bugs have been smooshed.
- Drastically dropped the filesize.
- New sprites are in progress. If you are interested in helping, DM me @ CANINE#3432

v1.2:
- Fixed more broken offsets (once and for all!)
- Dash Trails are now exclusive to super mode.
- Energy Ball is now exclusive to super mode.
- Acceleration lowered to fit Mecha's heavy body. Use the peelout ability to gain a running start.
- Float replaced with a homing-thok. (I wanted to set him apart from Metal Sonic in more ways than one.)

v1.1:
- Fixed broken offsets
- Fixed super music loop.
- Changed Mecha's size (Mecha was too big for Egg Rock Zone Act 1 treadmills)
- Removed Dash Trails and Energy Bomb in Match mode
- Added Metal Sonic Battle Mode abilities (kept old energy ball ability exclusively for platformer mode, and excluded battle mode ability in platformer mode)
- Made shields actually FIT Mecha
- Removed followitem, didn't look right. (Revised Sprites to fit no followitem in progress!)
- Still some bugs, but major bugs have been ironed out.
Credit:
Credit to:
DrStephen's Eggpack character for the Knuxwall breaking code. (MotdSpork wrote that part for eggpack originally)
OtherChen's mario.pk3 for functionality code.
TheKingOfPeinguins#9616 for the spritework!
Pathonaut#7555 for the amazing Lua overhaul!
[fluffy++]#6878 and Blurzapper#4041 for the spritework overhaul!
AxeCrusader#4467 for the phenomenal CSS!!!

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20175.gif
    srb20175.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 5,681
  • srb20174.gif
    srb20174.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 4,257
  • srb20172.gif
    srb20172.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 7,660
  • srb20176.gif
    srb20176.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,805
  • srb20169.gif
    srb20169.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 3,473
  • CL_MechaSonic-2.4.5.pk3
    1.3 MB · Views: 15,627
  • MechaSonic-MB.png
    MechaSonic-MB.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 116,849
Last edited by a moderator:
cool Lua and all, tho the laser beam doesn't automatically target stuff which is annoying.

but oh man these sprites just don't make up for it, they are pretty inconsistent and doesn't seem they had too much care or thought put into them enough, its a fine mod overall but it leaves room for improvement.

cool Lua and all, tho the laser beam doesn't automatically target stuff which is annoying.

but oh man these sprites just don't make up for it, they are pretty inconsistent and doesn't seem they had too much care or thought put into them enough, its a fine mod overall but it leaves room for improvement.

Thanks for the feedback! Im a beginner at drawing so there not going to be that good at first. I'll keep what you said in mind to improve the sprites in the future!

I recommend taking out the Big Arm and Doomsday MP3s and using the VGZs from here and here instead. They will loop properly and will reduce the filesize of the character down to something sane. Big Arms should probably be removed completely though, it will always end before it gets to the good part and it will always be abrupt.

good character, I must say that it is something unexpected, the only problem is the sprites... (hey, I recommend you to use the sprites that are in boss mayhem of 2.1)

I suggest also putting out a version without music changing as well. Would be nicer for co-op then, since it'd otherwise make all characters' supers doomsday zone.

I suggest also putting out a version without music changing as well. Would be nicer for co-op then, since it'd otherwise make all characters' supers doomsday zone.
That's... Not how that works. His custom super music only affects mecha sonic.

That's... Not how that works. His custom super music only affects mecha sonic.

...In my defense I did not have time to test out the other characters with this loaded, and assumed otherwise as the only other super-music-effecting wad on the board from what I recall was universal. My bad.

I like the gameplay, but i have a few suggestions
1. Make his hover keep him in spinball form. it would be more accurate to S3K, along with helping it be more distinct from metal's
2. Remove the energy ball. It's practically useless and doesn't really feel like it has a place here. He couldn't use it outside of super form in S3K anyways, so maybe keep it for super form and give it auto-target
3. Lower his acceleration. The peelout is super fun and powerful, and I think he should rely on it more. I think he really doesn't need to be able to get fast as easily as he does. Heavier momentum would do wonders for both making him like mecha sonic and balancing.
We have the basis for what could become a great character. I think these changes would suit him well.

Last edited:
I like the gameplay, but i have a few suggestions
1. Make his hover keep him in spinball form. it would be more accurate to S3K, along with helping it be more distinct from metal's
2. Remove the energy ball. It's practically useless and doesn't really feel like it has a place here. He couldn't use it outside of super form in S3K anyways, so maybe keep it for super form and give it auto-target
3. Lower his acceleration. The peelout is super fun and powerful, and I think he should rely on it more. I think he really doesn't need to be able to get fast as easily as he does. Heavier momentum would do wonders for both making him like mecha sonic and balancing.
We have the basis for what could become a great character. I think these changes would suit him well.
I really like the way you think. updating him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back