SPOILER TAGS PSA - NOT JUST FOR SPOILERS ANYMORE: Why you should use them, and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
This has been long overdue, but with how things have been on the forum with 2.1's movie feature and more reasons to record, this is important. Although the General Project Thread is closed for now, there has been an ongoing problem in it, and other topics: large amounts of (often animated) images. The animated GIF feature is fantastic, hell yeah, but for fucks sakes, we do NOT need to see 8 or more GIFs when we just wanna scroll through a page, and it's even WORSE when people QUOTE these images and load them AGAIN. But there's one VERY easy way to have your images and eat them too. Or whatever.

With this fine forum feature, the Spoiler! [Example image irrelevent]
tumblr_lx56eijvqq1r41n6go1_500.gif

Now you too can have your stupid image wall without annoying people anywhere as much! But HOW do you use this mystical function? It's easy. Just do this:

[spoiler](stupidgifsgohere)[/spoiler]

Or, if you wanna say what is in it, or what you're spoiling, or whatever, use this:

[spoiler=whateveritis](stupidgifs)[/spoiler]
For example...

tumblr_lx56eijvqq1r41n6go1_500.gif

See? If we already saw your post and don't want to load it again, we don't NEED to. So if the General Topic Thread comes back open or you need to post your level pics on one page, GIF or not, use spoiler tags, PLEASE. Think of your fellow users.

...Oh, and if your GIF is like, a million years long, use gfycat instead. PLEASE just link to a gfycat image instead. Nobody wants to watch a full playthrough of a level load in ANY circumstance.

Last edited:
The saddest part about this thread is that no one thought to implement it in the forum's features...
But it's at most nice to know...

Or you could avoid using IMG tags on huge GIFs altogether. GIFs that are 2MB and beyond needing to load is pretty annoying, but I've grown used to hitting the Stop button once I'm sure everyone's avatars are done loading, and I'll click reload on a specific GIF if I feel it's important to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back