This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

NARbluebear

The Mega Mushroom is now in SRB2 v2.2!
attachment.php

Effects
Upon consuming the mushroom, You will grow up to 4x your current size (except when you're already under the effects of the Mega Mushroom). With this change, you will also be immune to anything except for the usual pits, time limits, and the occasional P_KillMobj() function.​

Implementation
If you want to implement the Mega Mushroom into your own levels, you may feel free to modify the object as needed. By default, this scales Sonic's radius up to 64 fracunits, and his height to 192 fracunits. Be sure to plan ahead! It is also recommended to use it sparingly, due to how powerful it is.​

"Why is it the SMB1 Mushroom?"
In Super Mario Maker (and its sequel, Super Mario Maker 2), the Mega Mushroom can only be placed in the SMB1 style. I chose this sprite to not only reference that, but to also make it easier on myself.

Changelog:
Version 1.0:

• Initial Release

Attachments

• srb20634.gif
    srb20634.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 10,849
  • srb20712.png
    srb20712.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,002
  • srb20715.png
    srb20715.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 889
  • L_MegaMushroom-v1.zip
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,352
  • S_MegaMushroomTest-v1.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
It'd be cool if this destroyed spikes and still left you vulnerable to hazards like Pyreflies. Even so, this is a really cool add-on! Might mess around with it in PTZ.

Wow! This mod is certainly pretty cool! All I'll say is that there's a minor inaccuracy in your main post. The powerup you're discussing is actually referred to as the Big Mushroom; the Mega Mushroom has never made an appearance in either Mario Maker game.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back