Why are there source code forks in the Software subforum?

Lactozilla

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
This forum is for utilities for editing and supplementing SRB2. Map editors, customized configurations, launchers, and other tools go here.

That's not what the subforum is for.

This one's on me and is my mistake. In an attempt to sort out a few existing issues with releases ('mods' was very nebulously defined and that was starting to cause its own set of issues. Custom game types, level packs, custom exes, ports, etc all inhabited the same space.) I got the judges to discuss releases and what they wanted to change with it. Eventually leading to mods becoming custom game types, level packs being merged into levels, and shame on me for not catching it during the process of deciding what to do with releases, orphaning Exe mods that are not custom game types in the process. So in a need to put them somewhere, they're in software until we can get a second pass done. Maybe add in a dedicated sub-forum for source code modifications that aren't custom gametypes, and as several people have messaged me about it one dedicated to level packs instead of bundling them in with regular levels too but we'll need to define what a level pack is in the process.

But, yes. My error will see it gets fixed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back