Marathon Run best times

Haha grats for doing a run with robo-hood, really not the easiest character choice, and it requires some planning. Fun to see the emeralds too. Sorry for posting without a time, but I just wanted to congratulate Majro for doing it

Updated the opening post to account the changes 2.2.6 made to Marathon Runs. Because the character used is now displayed on the results screen, I can split categories into separate characters! Also updated it with everyone's times while I was at it.

When people lower their time so much that I have to start pulling them to the speedrun community and upload to SRC hahah
This is mostly a casual thread though so I don't think we need to change anything. I'm looking forward to seeing speedrun interest growing with Marathon though, it's a really nice addition to vanilla.
That makes sense, for a casual thread like this asking for a screenshot is more than enough then.

Mellow if I could have a suggestion, maybe cut it to sections based on characters too, since it's gonna be more chaotic the more people post here.
Now that the game displays what character was used in the results screen I can do that, the only reason I didn't do so initially was because 2.2.5 lacked that feature for proof. While it was already my plan, thanks for the good suggestion.

Are custom characters allowed? I don't really want this thread to be flooded by custom characters runs, but I did want to share this one of mine.
A Robo-hood run is funny enough I'll gladly include a custom character category just for that. I'll put all custom characters in one category so don't blame me if someone does an SMS run and blows Robo-Hood out of the water.

Oh, so now i can add this?

sps64ea.png

Looks like the Whirlwind Shield + speed sneakers + know how to control it end like this.
(God please tell me others can see it)

Not the worst, but could be very optimized. I'm literally shaking from joy that I managed to do this.

Z0fmExS.png

EDIT: Damn, I can't get the image to pop up normallly. Anyone can help?
EDIT 2: Why won't it work?! Ugh,I give up.
EDIT 3: Finally!

Last edited:
Not the worst, but could be very optimized. I'm literally shaking from joy that I managed to do this.

https://imgur.com/a/TssWK3r.png[IMG]
EDIT: Damn, I can't get the image to pop up normallly. Anyone can help?[/QUOTE]

You need the direct link: [url]https://i.imgur.com/Z0fmExS.png[/url]

https://imgur.com/a/TssWK3r.png[IMG]
EDIT: Damn, I can't get the image to pop up normallly. Anyone can help?[/QUOTE]

When you surround something in command brackets, like making things [B]bold[/B] or uploading images, the latter bracket needs to have a slash for the first character like so: [examplebracket]stuff goes here[/examplebracket]

I'm very glad then! I'm not really a part of the speedrun community but I did notice that it seemed to be a bit of an oversight that those details weren't included on the ending screen...

And also considering the fact that what makes this game replayable is going through the stages as fast as we can, for some people at least.

Ah so that's why I couldn't find the thread when checking the thread list. You stickied it. Either way though, that 22 minute Knuckles time is very impressive!

xCmc3xW.png

if we're putting custom characters on the table

it's only all emeralds because HMS spawns you with all of them

My yesterday run with Metal Sonic. Did a lot of flaws like Fang battle which took me like 3 minutes but for a first try not that bad.

srb20099.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back