SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

Never mind that the game is essentially a shooter at the core, even if it doesn't really play like one. Hence, using shooter controls is pretty likely to give you the best results, at least when playing on a PC. I'm not sure how well the game would control with dual analog, but I'm bad with that control scheme so I can't really test it myself.

I dont understand why you would do that. For me it kinda defeats the purpose of playing a sonic game.
ANYWAY. For those people who really want to play SRB2Wii, I sugest playing with the scr_mysticrealm20v2 WAD. It works great without any failing in 1p, Unlike the regular game where its a complete failure after THZ3.

what do you mean? i tested the latest version from here http://mystic.sepwich.com/mrealm/ , on srb2wii, the thing is there were no enemies, and the grass and ceiling textures were just red.

and the fps thing, the main game has no shooting elements in it, so i play it without fps view. and how about we have the option to set up our own controls, like the pc version.

Maybe Mystic Realm runs fast because you're playing the 1.09.4 version? With the wad being outdated, all enemies, textures, and linedef/sector triggers are gone, making the game empty and boring. By that logic, SRB2Wii will run fast on all outdated files.

Maybe Mystic Realm runs fast because you're playing the 1.09.4 version? With the wad being outdated, all enemies, textures, and linedef/sector triggers are gone, making the game empty and boring. By that logic, SRB2Wii will run fast on all outdated files.

Were you replying to Jeck? If so, scr_mysticrealm20v2.wad is NOT simply the 1.09.4 version. It actually appears to be a 95% total conversion of Mystic Realm 2.0, complete with correct textures, triggers, proper colors, etc. The only things that appear to be missing are socced bosses, some Golden Sand textures, and the 2nd quest enemies (also, 2nd quest VFZ is unstable).

Anyways, if this wad does indeed play great on Srb2wii, I'm sticking this sucker on the Homebrew Channel pronto.

EDIT: Bleh, it feels all frameskippy.

Last edited:

Which one were you replying to? One said it had no enemys,(Which played the 1.09) but the other said it ran fast. (He played the 2.0 version)

I can't get it to load. I get to a black srceen with some text but it doesn't load and the wii remote turns off. Can you help me?

I got it to work. It turns out I need to wait. I do have another problem, the 2 and the home button only work when I use a black wii remote. I haven't use a white wii remote but I don't think thats the problem. Can someone help me?

I fix my promble again. I do have another promble. Sometimes when I hit 1 player I can't choose a save and im taking back to the main menu. Also can someone tell me how to get back to the homebrew channal without restartng my wii? Can someone help me?

I fix my promble again. I do have another promble. Sometimes when I hit 1 player I can't choose a save and im taking back to the main menu. Also can someone tell me how to get back to the homebrew channal without restartng my wii? Can someone help me?

you can't navigate through the menus right now. and you have to turn off the wii to restart it. but if you wanna play as a different character, start a new game on the PC version, save, then replace the save with the one you just made

also, i read on the 1st post that 2 player should work. does it work, but we just can't access it? and can someone help me set-up the mini version?

Last edited:
heh... i only downloaded the linux thingy called mike something and the srb2 wii file i dont even know how to make it work.. :<

Neither of my wiimotes will sync up once the app starts. How do I fix this?
I'm using SRB2 2.0.4
also, I copied my srb2 fiiles to both apps/srb2wii and /srb2wii, didn't replace anything. Should I delete the srb2 files in /apps/srb2wii?

It also says badness at /lib/dma?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back