Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
With..Greenflower Scenery...Isn't that...Stealing? *Nuked By Shuffle*
*Shuffle Nuked by Mystic for nuking zanyhead for being right*

Using a similar style of level? and textures and scenery? No. Stealing is taking someones level, without permission and no credit given.

No, that's plagiarism. Stealing is taking something from someone and thereby depriving them of it. If I eat your pasta, you no longer have dinner; if I copy your level, you still have your copy.

But that's only one part of the level, anyways. It's not like MFZ, really. >_<

*shot, maimed, and killed by Shuffle*

Damnit, I was afraid of this. :(
It's not plagiarized, just slightly similar to get the point across that it's a match version of Greenflower Zone.

0.o
You stole GFZ1!
*Shot, mauled and hugged by Barney (Me and my friend made that last one up)*

I already made it into a DM map, once. Although, that was for v1.08, lacked any DOOM textures, and overall would need updating.

I certainly think GFZ1 could make a good Match stage... if you cut it into various sections and then modify the Things vastly so that it's more balanced (and robot-free). For instance, if you cut off the whole level beyond the first starpost, you'd have a fairly large DM level. It could work...

...wait, a441 posted?

I just hope he sticks around. :P

Really, Shuffle's level looks fine, as there's a good deal of difference. Also, if you do turn E1M1 into a CTF map, you'd need to change some of it, and inspired works aren't plagerized, I beleive.

Now Mystic, I'm going to eat Knuckles if you add the version of City Scape with the undeafed rings, and the lack of monitors to the contest WAD. However, if you add the version with the bay, and the deafed rings, I'll give you a cookie and eat Amy.

Notice to all participants: I will be out of town from July 1st to July 6th, and as such will not be in any position to compile a level pack the day before a 16 hour car trip. Henceforth, you can expect the pack compilation to be delayed to the 7th at least. As a reminder, late entries are accepted as long as they arrive before I compile the results, but are not assured in. If you enter in late, you should get in, but it's not 100%.

In other words, this news will likely cause all of you people to delay another couple of days and still not get it done, but those organized ones amongst you now have a few more days to perfect your creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back