Hidden Palace Zone... Oh my god.. IT'S DONE? OMG, IT'S DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Here it is, just plain and simple.
I'm not gonna bother with screenshots because I already posted those a couple months back.

So here ya go! A 2D level with 2.. OMG! 2 secrets! :P

PS: It's not a replica of HPZ or anything, it's just got the name because it's got the same textures ^^.

TEH FIEL: http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/hpz.zip

PS2: Heh, get it? PS2? Yeah it's funny, isn't it-- oh, you don't get it.. ANYWAYS!
Expect Act 2 soon, I'm about halfway through it already.

Nice use of the Sonic & Knuckles music. It's a good level. I just wish that there were more levels like this one.....

That was quite fun. Jetty-syn Gunners are REALLY cheesy in 2D mode, though. Great use of teleporters, too.

Maybe using the Jetty-syn Gunners in the background would be more fair, since you can dodge the shot when you can see it coming ^_^()

You can engineer the level in such a way that the gunners will always remain on the same Z plane as you.

I don't mean that they're hard to hit, AJ, I just mean that the shots they fire are impossible to dodge, pretty much. In 3D you can strafe constantly or keep moving, but in 2D that's often not possible, since you run right into their shot when you keep moving.

It's a really good level, but the only problem is... well, it's too short. and there aren't enough obstacles. other than that, I liked it.

Damn you Shaf. I was hoping to unveil my Hidden Palace first. Oh well-mine is a match level, not a single player. That, and I use S2's HPZ.

I was gonna put in more obsticels but there really isn't many you can put in a 2D level accept for squares and Jetty-syns.

can't you do octogons

Maybe you should expand the level and make it like the green hill zone in SA2/B. All 3D and stuff

3D mode/First Person Veiw: I'm sure you all knew this,
Put in CAM_DIST 0 in the command box
Set right key to Up key and left key to down key
It's a little hard playing like that, but it's really fun

If you had it on chasecam 0, you'd be looking straight off into the back of the level wouldn't you?
How about "chasecam 0"

Also, what would be the point in octogons? They would still kinda do the same thing as squares..

2.5! 8.6! 9.7! I dunno, I haven't bothered to play it yet. Been busy... Act 2 looks pretty cool though, with the falling rocks and all. (shottered by Shaf... MESSAGE BOARD MEMBERS, AS YOUR UNOFFICIAL LEADER, I ORDER YOU TO KILL! BWHAHA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back