• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

We plan for TD to have its own graphics style. Pretty much the same reason why all of the levels shown so far are custom textures-heavy.

I mean the character's re-sprites. What are you going to change for TopDown? New animations?

...That would be cool...

@Zero_the_artificial

jbzNtTBpibyXWO.png

jpLtcIRTu9rNk.png

jQ1r1FVdLtJWW.png

Thought I'd show these off, just a Sonic I'm doing for the SRB2TopDown mod shown earlier in the thread. Still work in progress obviously, don't complain about the dry colors. Not my fault.

Iceman404 posted a little bit of what style of sprites they're going for in the General Project Screenshot thread.

That Sonic looks great. Are Tails and Knuckles being remade like that or just Sonic?

Presumably the others will be remade to match Sonic if they're going by his style. Though then again, that would mean even Chuckles would have to be put aside for yet another entirely new Knuckles sprite set, right?

Or maybe Iceman404 is just making this WAD apart from the mod. Like a standalone character. But it would be great to see Chuckles as the default Knuckles.

That style looks like a mix of Sonic Labyrinth and SegaSonic Arcade. It's amazing :D
Is there any chance of a demo release ever happening, or are you guys just going to wait until you have everything done? I apologize if this has been asked before.

Last edited:
Actually, Chuckles automatically loads, so he's technically default right now. But soon enough I'll be finished with re-spriting all the characters, as well as our secret 4th guy for this mod's perspective anyways.
We plan a demo soon, and the re-spriting will be done after that.

As Iceman404 said, they are planning a demo soon.

The plan is for us to have 4 zones in the release, with a boss, to get opinions and criticism from everybody. That's about it, this is very early in development.

It really looks spectacular. I like the idea of creating an, essentially, entirely different game using SRB2's engine. It really separates this mod from others.

The plan is for us to have 4 zones in the release, with a boss, to get opinions and criticism from everybody. That's about it, this is very early in development.
Considering that what has been shown so far, it looks like it's going to be a great wad with little to no problems. All were gonna want is more of it. I just hope the mod doesn't become half-assed or canceled during development.

Stormy Streets, getting close to being finished!

What do you mean "canceled during development", IT ALREADY HAS BEEN!

I present, SRB2 FaceCam!
srb20972.png

After being fed up with being told going south was risky when making levels, I raged and forced the camera be shoved so close to your character's face you could see the pixelated nostrils!...

okay maybe not, maybe I was just being silly with the camera.... Okay fine I was being silly and this thing isn't canceled.

On a more serious note, Stormy Streets is well on it's way to completion, sporting a almost 100% custom texture set inspired off of Dark City's but made to look much much better!
srb20996.png

This here is the start of the level, to the left is a teleporter used to enter the level, and on it's right is a nice little sign welcoming you to the city.

srb20997.png

When working with the old Dark City textures, Iceman pointed out that there was a disturbing lack of doors on the buildings. Having felt pity on the poor people of the city, I built some doors that would allow them to not be trapped inside of their buildings forever.

srb20998.png

The sewer section of the level is still going through the retexturing stage, having a hard time working with it and not making it look like a flooded city. I did however, add some bars lining the walls that keep you inside the level to help you tell you cannot get past the wall.

srb20999.png

Near the end of the level, you find yourself in a construction yard, where you have to climb the building that is being constructed by jumping on huge metal beams. Falling here is highly unadvised, as it will lead you back to the ground level if you are not careful.

srb21000.png

After the Construction yard, you find yourself inside of a warehouse filled with boxes, barrels, and lots of robots!

I noticed the emblem HUD is completed. Does this mean we will get a demo sooner than expected?

What's that in the Horizon? Is it SRB2 3D World Map-Pack for SRB2TD? Or is it SegaSRB2 Levels? :3

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back