2.0 Knuckles

Thanks for telling me you find my dedication with remaking Knuckles completely as a total waste of time.

With all art, you will always have some person (Or people) who wont like it. You cant really please everyone. I personally like Chuckles over this "2.0 Knux" and seeing it again gets me upset simply because I thought it would be gone for good.

On topic, I would say since its just a port its fine, but Chuckles is better than this so the only reason why people would download it is for nostalgic reasons. (Or those who still believe this looks better than Chuckles...)

This argument is incredibly silly.
Motor, your Chuckles character is much appreciated and the best looking Knuckles, if not THE prime knuckles character we've had so far.
The rest of you, it was terrible for you to be putting down Motor's hard work like that. This argument is dumb, and pointless.
Come on, guys.

With all art, you will always have some person (Or people) who wont like it. You cant really please everyone. I personally like Chuckles over this "2.0 Knux" and seeing it again gets me upset simply because I thought it would be gone for good.

On topic, I would say since its just a port its fine, but Chuckles is better than this so the only reason why people would download it is for nostalgic reasons. (Or those who still believe this looks better than Chuckles...)
What Motor Roach meant was that he was extremely displeased with the ways that Zero disrespected his hard work, that he put together for the enjoyment of everyone. Its not like he just said "I like 2.0 Knux better", he made it seem like a shitty piece of shitty shit. Just think about the way he said it. "I think it should be named "goodknux" or "prettyknux", while obviously saying it in a way that looked down on Chuckles.
I feel for you, Motor Roach. I FEEL.

When a new designed Knuckles comes out in future versions, someone WILL CREATE ANOTHER Knuckles with current sprites. And so on, until there is no more redesigns. And that will be when we all transform into Bronies.

I feel for you, Motor Roach. I FEEL.

I feel for you too, Motor Roach. Don't give importance, I like the current redesign of Knuckles, and if others don't, here is the wad of 2.0 Knuckles, or the 1.09.4 Chuckles, for those who want to play with them, rather than playing with the current Knuckles.

Last edited:
This argument is incredibly silly.
Motor, your Chuckles character is much appreciated and the best looking Knuckles, if not THE prime knuckles character we've had so far.
The rest of you, it was terrible for you to be putting down Motor's hard work like that. This argument is dumb, and pointless.
Come on, guys.

Pretty much. Zero also thought my old ShadowRE somehow still looks acceptable for today's standards, so he's got his nostalgia goggles on tight.

The overall community appreciates your outstanding work on Knuckles, Motor Roach. It's better not to acknowledge the obnoxious minority of players that think otherwise. This is something every game developer has to deal with, or ignore, laugh, and carry on. Really wish Phil Fish had learned the latter.

Wow, I guess the whole everypony thing is an annoyance to the MLP community?
We only use it within the Brony community. It's an annoyance when using it out of the brony community, because it involves people who are not Bronies. I don't like using "everypony" outside of Brony based websites or pages.

Pretty much. Zero also thought my old ShadowRE somehow still looks acceptable for today's standards, so he's got his nostalgia goggles on tight.

I wanna see that Shadow somewhat revamped for playing in 2.1, just because I love it :D

(Although I BELIEVE I read that XSpeedgodX will bring another Shadow, I'd like to see yours for 2.1. Just to play with him again, as in 2.0)

Why bring back things rather than wait for or make IMPROVED things? What's this fascination with porting old stuff that doesn't need to be ported? As you said, XSpergGodX is creating a brand new Shadow that's up to spriting standards along with well done Lua abilities that make for unique gameplay. I know you have no bad intentions here, but it's a bit ridiculous.

People need to stop the ports and create new things that are worthwhile.

Last edited:
People need to stop the ports
I brought up the subject matter before in the IRC, and I'm gonna say it again.
NOT EVERYONE HERE CAN SPRITE, AND NOT EVERYONE HERE HAS THE TIME *TO* SPRITE.
Also the fact that you're asking for shit way too soon than needed.

That's not relevant to 2.0 Knuckles or SpideyKnux, because we literally have a vastly superior version already inside the game. I'd be fine with ports if most of them were of stuff that was actually pretty good. Like Hinote, or Jasper even. Most of these are honestly kinda bleh.

Its fine if not everyone here can sprite, but atleast it would be nice to make the attempt. (But not a ugly recolor, something original) Also, some people could learn or look up some tutorials, anything helps.
As for time, you can take all the time you want to sprite, your not getting paid to make a Wad or anything, so feel free to take as much time as you need. The more time you take the better the result is.

Beat you to it, sorry.

So does that mean you're porting it? I tried porting her unnofficially to hold me over until an official one, when I got 2.1, but I only got as far as getting everything else but her ability working. Since I know nothing of socks, converting that thing to work manually would have been insane, so I gave up.

She's my favorite character in the game, and the only one I ever use, besides vanilla Tails. Hinote's just plain cute, her ability is great for leaping out of the water, and she's loaded with personality.

BlueBlurForever said:

Jeez, were you angry when you wrote that? Those bold tags are making my eyes bleed, so I won't dignify that with a response.

Agustin1216 said:
I wanna see that Shadow somewhat revamped for playing in 2.1, just because I love it :D

(Although I BELIEVE I read that XSpeedgodX will bring another Shadow, I'd like to see yours for 2.1. Just to play with him again, as in 2.0)

Every time a ShadowRE fan likes ShadowRE, a poor witch's potion experiment backfires on her, causing her to burst into flames and scream, "I'M MELTING".

In all seriousness, if you want to use ShadowRE, just port it over yourself and use it privately, it's not hard. He's simply too terrifying next to today's standards for releasing publically again, it's not happening.

I mean, I didn't even want him released on the official MB in 2.0's hayday. It was supposed to be a WADBase exclusive deal so at least some people wouldn't complain a port didn't exist, but I didn't bother explaining that to Snipe, so he released my ports on both boards indiscriminately.

In all seriousness, if you want to use ShadowRE, just port it over yourself and use it privately, it's not hard. He's simply too terrifying next to today's standards for releasing publically again, it's not happening.

Well, i'll port it personally to resist the urge to play with the "New Shadow" of XSpeedGodX. (If it is true he is creating it, and is not just a rumor I read for a moment.) Thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

It's true. You don't always have time to be doing 8 sprites of each character animation. Maybe we should... I dunno... port a few characters to entertain ourselves while new characters arrive, equipping them with some new skills using "LUA's Magic"?
It's just an idea I had.

Well, i'll port it personally to resist the urge to play with the "New Shadow" of XSpeedGodX.
Good luck. I sure know it was quite hard for me to get all 10 running frames to display, without resetting the animation whenever one'd fall off a ledge while running, and then landing again. And somehow it doesn't even work properly while Super...? Anyway, I would send you mine, but, well, .Luke doesn't want that, and I respect that.

Last edited:
This and all of your other posts in this thread are seriously the most pretentious things I've read so far in this forum in 2014. It's far worse than everything I've read when Chuckles was confirmed to be in 2.1 back on the 2.1 hype thread. It's just beyond disrespectful.

I seriously don't know what else to tell you. Thanks for telling me you find my dedication with remaking Knuckles completely as a total waste of time.

It wasn't. Even though I and this guy prefer 2.0's Knux, most people seem to prefer Chuckles. Majority rules, right?

Good luck. I sure know it was quite hard for me to get all 10 running frames to display, without resetting the animation whenever one'd fall off a ledge while running, and then landing again. And somehow it doesn't even work properly while Super...? Anyway, I would send you mine, but, well, .Luke doesn't want that, and I respect that.

Thanks, i already ported it, and..... It works. No, really, i had problems with his running sprites, but already solved that. I didn't tested him as Super, but hey, im playing in SP, not in MP. Nothing more to say, i'm playing with it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back