Resource icon

[Open Assets] General-Purpose Kart Assets (Boost Rings, Modular Ramps, Dimps Boosters) 2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
"No lua required!"

(All assets included here are self-made, and free-to-use. Credit isn't necessary, but is greatly-appreciated.)
Boost Rings

Inspired by the boost rings in DKR and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, these serve as an alternative for boost pads without needing to use floor textures for Sneaker Panel/Speed Pad sectors. These can be used to designate boost sectors on uneven terrain, or even in the air.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Modular Ramp Textures

A set of ramp flats that can be arranged together to form ramps of any shape/size. Can be used in conjunction with most other flats to create varied, yet consistent ramp setpieces.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kart1079.gif
    kart1079.gif
    448.9 KB · Views: 564
  • kart1074.gif
    kart1074.gif
    693.7 KB · Views: 4,905
  • setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 558
  • kart1081.gif
    kart1081.gif
    156.3 KB · Views: 4,854
  • kart1644.jpg
    kart1644.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,968
  • kart1645.jpg
    kart1645.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,957
  • kart1156.gif
    kart1156.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 282
  • chengiassetpack_v1.zip
    840.4 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Yeah, what's up with that moire effect? You should just make it a solid color and use transparency on the midtexture itself. I like this, but not the moire. :p

Looks pretty cool, also the timing of this addon is perfect, saves me the trouble of drawing up some boost rings to use in a custom race that I'm working on.

Admittedly I do find the moire effect to be a little strange.

Edit (08/09/2019): I want to retract that last statement, the style actually grew on me in a short while. I'm really looking forward to seeing these boost rings used by the community.

Last edited:
The moire effect was done so that it could be given fake translucency without needing to use any linedef effects, as I thought it would have been easier on performance. Although since there's been enough concern surrounding it, I'll be pushing out a variant that's just solid colors as well sometime in the near future.

UPDATE (v2): I've added opaque variants of each existing ring + one additional color as a bonus. The original moire effect rings are still included alongside the newer boost rings should someone feel the need to use them.

attachment.php

Another small update. I've introduced a set of brand-new, self-made ramp textures for use with custom maps. I'm including them in the pack alongside the boost rings.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back