Map help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katch

The old Donut guy
I have my map completed, but i need help with how to add a custom picture to my map. (like when you click host game or two player and you see the picture to the map that your about to go to) Help is appreicated.

I'm not entirly sure myself, but I think you take a screenshot (F8), use Paint or something to compress it down to about 320x200 (I think), and upload it as MAPnnP (nn=map number) between GX_START and GX_END in SLumpEd or whatever.

Actually, I believe the resolution is 160x100. Also, it would be a good idea to take a screenshot of an area that seems the most interesting, with SHOWHUD off and CROSSHAIR NONE.

I got the picture to work using SLumpEd, but the next problem is that the color of the picture when you play srb2 is a weird orange color, not the one that i took the picture as. Help again please.

Last edited:
Sounds like the palette got screwed. Make sure that your edited screenshot is still using 256 colours only and that it fits the srb2 palette.

If you open it in MSPaint, resave it as a 256-color bitmap. Or, make sure it's converted to GFX in SLumpEd and check your IWAD. That happened to me once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back