• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Forest Fortress Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyasarin

This level is, as its name implies, a Zone featuring a castle in a lush forest. The first Act takes place during the day; the second at night (which I'm in the progress of). I have plans to make a third Act as a regular level. I'm in dire need of testers for the second Act.

Screenshots:

(the final screenshot is a tad outdated; instead of a wall as it displays, it leads into a small garden with a waterfall, followed by another section of the castle. I don't currently have access to my home computer, so I cannot show the updated area at this time.)

srb20022.png

srb20020.png

srb20003.png

srb20006.png

This level boasts replay value. The first Act has a grand total of fifty-three hidden items to find. The second Act, while fairly incomplete, has at least ten.

Remember: If you would like to test the second Act of this Zone, you must contact me through a Private Message, E-mail, or on IRC. I will not hand out private betas, and I won't give downloads to those who haven't earned my trust. For those who want to play the first Act (which still is somewhat incomplete), you can download it below:

Download

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'd suggest for you to release acts 1 and 2 separately, as act 1 is already done, and we don't know when the next act might be finished.

A fairly good level, large, difficult but not frustrating, and decent visuals. However, I do have a few minor things to say.

1. Can you either move the map to 01, or use the MAINCFG to tell the game to start at C0? I had to open SLumpED in order to find out what map it was. You can find out how to do that at http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MAINCFG.

2. 2.0 enemies are there, it would make the level a bit nicer is they were used. Using 1.9 enemies are fine, but when that's all there is, it makes a level feel a little boring.

3. In the castle, using the same texture on the walls and on the ceiling/floor makes the inside look bland, it would look nicer if you differentiated it a bit at some areas.

4. There isn't too many gimmicks, and the entire level seems to just be platforming. Which is fine, but it doesn't usually leave much of an impression on the player, and using more types of gimmicks would make it more memorable and add replayability.

1. Why should I? I don't want to overwrite another level's slot. And, I know how to use SLumpEd; that's how I made the level in its slot in the first place.

2. I can't think of any places to put any of them.

3. What other textures work for the inside of a castle?

4. It's hard to create ideas for gimmicks and add them to this kind of level. Do you have any ideas?

This is an insanely old topic.
Anyways, seeing as this has been bumped, I might as well announce that I'm very likely to give up on this Zone. I haven't been getting any design ideas at all.

To be honest, I don't feel giving up on the project is very wise. Maybe take a little break from it, and work on other things. That helps me when I'm low on inspiration.

To be honest, I don't feel giving up on the project is very wise. Maybe take a little break from it, and work on other things. That helps me when I'm low on inspiration.

I've done this before.
I still haven't touched this thing in months because I haven't gotten a single idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back