Modern Sonic isn't working anymore: what this "shutdown" means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc-98 Fan

Play One Step from Eden!
recently i've been having troubles with Modern Sonic after using him with XMomentum and Sonic 2006 mappack.
this appears now everytime i use him:
WARNING: ...WNLOAD\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:3247: attempt to concatenate local 'num' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...WNLOAD\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:3247: in function <...WNLOAD\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:3224>
I_ShutdownGraphics(): shut down
Shutting down joy system
I_Joystick: SDL's Joystick system has been shutdown
I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down
I_ShutdownSystem(): end of logstream.
to clarify: every ability (except wall jump) doesn't work
is there a way to fix this?

That's an error with the character.
Try updating to the latest version, if you haven't already.

That's an error with the character.
Try updating to the latest version, if you haven't already.

i already have the latest version, but nothing happens.
i even have the latest version of the character (even re-downloaded multiple times), but still, nothing changes.
is there a way to "reset" Modern Sonic status so that everything would revert back to the original?

update: apparently, using the commands revert back the moves, but redownloading and using the character again deactivate them again, i want the moves always activated, so i'm not forced to use commands everytime to activate them

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

last update: I tried to complete a stage with the changed commands, now everything is in its place and everything now fully works again

Last edited:
you have the latest version of the game?

Because once I downloaded modern sonic and some of its abilities or some sprites did not work and I downloaded the latest version of the game and it was fixed. but maybe the game doesn't want to load the add-on for some reason

i even have the latest version of the character (even re-downloaded multiple times), but still, nothing changes.
is there a way to "reset" Modern Sonic status so that everything would revert back to the original?

update: apparently, using the commands revert back the moves, but redownloading and using the character again deactivate them again, i want the moves always activated, so i'm not forced to use commands everytime to activate them

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

last update: I tried to complete a stage with the changed commands, now everything is in its place and everything now fully works again
What's the command I'm havein the same problem

We don't care how frustrated you are, you can't just insult people.

This guys piece a sh*t for just solving his own problem and not telling us how, despite making a forum post on it.

Seriously, what is the command you claim fixed your issue?

recently i've been having troubles with Modern Sonic after using him with XMomentum and Sonic 2006 mappack.
this appears now everytime i use him:
WARNING: ...WNLOAD\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:3247: attempt to concatenate local 'num' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...WNLOAD\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:3247: in function <...WNLOAD\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:3224>
I_ShutdownGraphics(): shut down
Shutting down joy system
I_Joystick: SDL's Joystick system has been shutdown
I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down
I_ShutdownSystem(): end of logstream.

to clarify: every ability (except wall jump) doesn't work
is there a way to fix this?
Go to the Modern discussion page for bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back