I keep getting Sigsev warnings. Also is green hill and marble zone even accessible still?
Crashing is likely an issue with another mod, or your hardware. All of the retro levels have been removed as they do not belong in this pack, will be re-released elsewhere.

So I've been going for all the emblems in the level pack which btw really love how this has changed since release.

But why does it say Pandora's Box unlocks at 71 emblems when there's only 65 in the entire pack?

So I've been going for all the emblems in the level pack which btw really love how this has changed since release.

But why does it say Pandora's Box unlocks at 71 emblems when there's only 65 in the entire pack?

Simply put i keep forgetting to change the numbers for that

(Cleaned out due to author's desicion. Feel free to delete. It consisted of backseat moderation which I retracted after dedicating to move this elsewhere.)

Last edited:
After spending a long while just writing this post figuring out how the new MB works, and after several months of on and off work, i'd like to present to you another update! new stuff as always is in the changelog.

After spending a long while just writing this post figuring out how the new MB works, and after several months of on and off work, i'd like to present to you another update! new stuff as always is in the changelog.
There's no download, or I'm stupid lmfao

There's no download, or I'm stupid lmfao

?

1614908564138.png

Well, this new version was surely a blast to play. All of these changes in the levels were really good, I liked them a lot and the new decisions with the levels were good. I'm also sad that a new gamedata was needed and the old one got obsolote, since there I had all emblems and bunch of saves with some custom characters, but it is respectable. Also there's a couple bugs, check attached GIFs.

Attachments

• srb20601.gif
    srb20601.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 120
  • srb20604.gif
    srb20604.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 120
This level pack has really improved in a lot of ways, and I like the ideas behind all the original bosses, though there are some things I would like to point out.

Time emblems for some stages are somewhat strict, like TM1 and NG2. This has always been the case imo, but it's moreso a problem on my end since I just need to practice.

DG2 has a section with crushers that are very hard to see coming and catch you off guard easily, this led to my first game over (Died once to crushers, then got stuck over a death pit so I had to drop down. I was playing as Metal.)

The new bosses tend to be rather hard to hit, they hover just out of reach of a basic jump sometimes. This doesn't apply to SU's boss but it does apply to TM and AO.

While this is more of a personal thing, I'd love to see a new boss for SB. The Egg Frostburn is rather annoying to fight.

I'd personally recommend tweaking the brighter wall texture in SU, it may be hard on the eyes for some.

But there are plenty of things I will note that I DID enjoy. I really liked the extension to SU2, thank god that the older MT1 was removed. There are more things I liked but this comment is already pretty long.

I have been keeping up with this level pack since day 1 and honestly, as of 1.5 it really feels like a DLC for Vanilla. Like an extra story of eggman coming back and tweaking his plans just a bit. It makes the game feel fresh and also like a storyless Classic Sonic game.

I really dig the new changes to the stages, especially Nightlight Gully. You make open running areas very fun. The first act of the stage opening up near the end was so much much fun and really took me by surprise.

I enjoy the balance of platforming and blasting through levels. Playing this mod with XMonentum really makes the experience.

It’s a shame you removed the Classic levels (Green Hill, Marble Zone, Bridge Zone). I hope to see them come back in some way, whether they’re unlockables or alternate levels for CyberDime Realm would be a fun way to incorporate the classics in 3D.
Overall, I feel that 1.5 has allowed this mod to stand on it’s on two feet. The new color pallets, bigger stages and multiple open areas make this feel like a DLC extra for vanilla SRB2.

Prefacing this with mentioning that during my playtime through 1.4.4, I had a lot of fun with this level pack! It's very well made! That, and I play the game on a Mac OS, so things may work differently.
I don't know why, but I keep getting SIGSEVs in different areas. Whether I move off the path, or continue through the normal path, it almost seems to be random.
In this case, playing through v1.5's Nightlight Gully caused me to SIGSEV constantly for some reason. And, if I recall correctly, back in 1.4.4, Cyberdime Zone (now Cyberdime Core) Act 1 used to SIGSEV me during one of the Emerald Shard segments-- Specifically the one right in front of the player when they spawn in the level.
I really don't know why it's happening, especially now in Nightlight Gully Act 2; I just keep getting SIGSEVs constantly through the level. Is there something that can be done about that?
By the way, now that I know about the "Latest_log" file, I can at least show this is the last stuff in the file:
"Process killed by signal: SIGSEGV - segment violation

I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down
I_ShutdownSystem(): end of logstream."

Prefacing this with mentioning that during my playtime through 1.4.4, I had a lot of fun with this level pack! It's very well made! That, and I play the game on a Mac OS, so things may work differently.
I don't know why, but I keep getting SIGSEVs in different areas. Whether I move off the path, or continue through the normal path, it almost seems to be random.
In this case, playing through v1.5's Nightlight Gully caused me to SIGSEV constantly for some reason. And, if I recall correctly, back in 1.4.4, Cyberdime Zone (now Cyberdime Core) Act 1 used to SIGSEV me during one of the Emerald Shard segments-- Specifically the one right in front of the player when they spawn in the level.
I really don't know why it's happening, especially now in Nightlight Gully Act 2; I just keep getting SIGSEVs constantly through the level. Is there something that can be done about that?
By the way, now that I know about the "Latest_log" file, I can at least show this is the last stuff in the file:
"Process killed by signal: SIGSEGV - segment violation

I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down
I_ShutdownSystem(): end of logstream."

sounds like to me this is a mac specific problem, and since i dont use a mac i cant help you with there, sorry

i thought this mod was just alright at first, but didnt see the hype around it. after playing it for several minutes, i can safely say i absolutely LOVE this mod! the stages are fun, and the music is absolutely divine! i really love everything about it from the bottom of my heart!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back