Resource icon

[Open Assets] Boss Pinch Music [v4.1]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Zippy_Zolton

jet jaw sounds
A very simple script that gives the bosses pinch music when they're low on health. It also has some juicy additions like a little screen quake and a sound. Inspired by listening to this over and over... Song used is from music_remade, the lump name is VSPNCH if you wanna add to your personal music pack.

Supported Bosses:
Fang has his own special song originating from SRB2 v2.2's development, lump name is PNFANG.
Anti-Shrimp triggers the music on 1 health.

Note for non-supported custom bosses:
It triggers if the health is either equal to the Damage parameter of the object's info, or 3 if the Damage is set to 0. This may not be optimal for every custom boss, but I may roll out compatibility updates if I am given all the details I need.

srb2sndcvr.png

Attachments

• L_BossPinchMusic-v4.1.pk3
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 1,437
Last edited:
I never realized how much I needed this. Definitely going in my "must have loaded at all times" list.

Mod has been updated to add a midi version of the song, originally lost media but SSNTails thankfully dug it up.

Heck yes, definitely checking this out today. Maybe you can do different pitch music for different themes? (All "boss" themes: VSBOSS (Normal), VSFANG (Fang), VSMETL (Metal), VSBRAK (Final Boss), VSALT (Alternate, MRealm compatibility), VSAGZ (Egg Fighter (AGZ4 boss), MRealm compaibility)

Last edited:
New update! Even smaller than v2, I'd say... I just added a MUSICDEF so that you can listen to it in Sound Test.

Sorry for the broken script I'm a dumb baby.. This hotfix should now make the generic function work as intended if Shrimp isn't loaded.

New update! Even smaller than v2, I'd say... I just added a MUSICDEF so that you can listen to it in Sound Test.
It'd be a bit nicer if you did something like "VS (boss) - Pinch Mode!" (it'd be better to do this via alttitle)
Example:
Code:
Lump PNFANG
Title = VS_Fang_the_Sniper
Alttitle = Pinch_Mode!

Ah yes, I hate listening to a Grammarly Ad every time I enter a boss.

(it's what i got when i entered the video, great job on the Midi Native version)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back