Model Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumia1

Backseat Developer
I'm trying to animate an MD2 model for personal use and for whatever reason, when I rotate Luigi's arm, his entire face comes with!
rLOBgIm.png
I've never done anything like this before so I don't know what to do. Can someone please help?

Did you rigged the model by yourself? it is possible that when you were rigging the arm, you accidentally added the head to the selected vertices.

I got the model off of Models Resource and it's an smd import (I used the Smash 3 textures so it wouldn't look quite so out of place in the game) that included all of Brawl's bones for Luigi. However, I've messed around a bit with brawlbox's model animator and nothing like this happened

The same (retextured) Brawl model in BrawlBox:
6zt95py.png

Try opening it again with a fresh copy, without any modifications, another thing you can try is checking if all the bones are set correctly to the vertices on your editor. If those methods don't work, you may have to delete all rig data and rig the model again by yourself. Or simply asking someone else to do it for you.

I tried extracting the entire model again and now none of the bones are attached to the model, I have no idea how to rig a model so I'm probably going to have to ask someone else to do it for me.

EDIT: I'm silly, I forgot to put it in animation mode, however, it still seems to drag the wrong verticies with it and I still have no clue how to rig a model.

Last edited:
I've noticed that Mario's moustache is a seperate model from the rest of his face as well.

What could be a reason for this, is that both the arm and head are in the same group. What you need to do is animate the model by moving selected meshes rather then the groups, and what should happen (though I'm unsure because some games have the model meshed into stupidly large hard-to-animate chunks) is the arm should move without the head..and possibly the hand, because they might be different meshes. It all depends on how the model is "put together".

I have no clue what that means but I'll try my best to do that.

As for how the model is "put together", the most I know is that Luigi's arms and head are part of the same mesh (excluding the 'stache), even though they import seperately (the arms are part of the body model), meaning they have the same mesh name which means I'm going to have one heck of a time trying to just select the arms. I'll do my best though to select them.

You mean group? Because mesh and group aren't the same thing. Might you post a link to the model? Also, what program are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back