Resource icon

[MP Level] The Spiritron Cup - A Map Pack by Gunla [v1.4]

Gunla

TYPE-NOCTURNE
Kart Krew™️
attachment.php

This is the Spiritron Cup, a collection of levels by Gunla. They'll be added as they're finished!

Azure Abyss
attachment.php

Map ID: MAPXM
Music: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Dwellings of the Ancient Gods (Rain)
Laps: 2
A homage to SRB2's notorious challenge level, Azure Temple, Azure Abyss Zone is a higher difficulty map that tasks the player with navigating a dark, underwater temple and the surrounding area. Master the temple and don't get lost...

Cadillac Canyon
attachment.php

Map ID: MAPXP
Music: Brock Berrigan - Hindsight
Laps: 4
A more experimental map vaguely inspired by the sights and sounds of chillhop and canyons. This relatively chill course guides you through a short canyon and a massive drop in a relatively no frills affair! (The vast majority of this map was designed as part of a test to see how I would handle maps under a strict, week-long development cycle.)

Spiritron Cup 1.0:
  • Added Cadillac Canyon.
  • Slightly updated Azure Abyss's Encore Palette.
  • Azure Abyss's first pillar jump room has seen a small update, lowering the landing area and sloping the next room's flooring to accomodate, and adding small forward facing wind to prevent players from getting stuck for too long.

Spiritron Cup v1.1:
  • Edited geometry in Cadillac Canyon to prevent unintentional softlocks. Adjusted properties of the level to remove unintentional shortcuts.

Spiritron Cup v1.2:
  • Edited geometry in Azure Abyss to prevent players from getting softlocked or trapped for too long in the first gargoyle room. Added additional hidden wind to direct the player towards the exit of the final pillar jump room.

Spiritron Cup v1.3:
  • Edited geometry in Azure Abyss to prevent players from getting softlocked even further.
  • Adjusted the offroad and item placement around the shortcut in Cadillac Canyon.

Spiritron Cup v1.4:
  • Added something. MAPXL.

• SoupBowler64, for making the U-Turn textures utilized by this map pack.

Attachments

• kart0014.gif
    kart0014.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 903
  • kart0015.gif
    kart0015.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 343
  • kart0016.gif
    kart0016.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 280
  • kart0017.gif
    kart0017.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 261
  • kart0018.gif
    kart0018.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 265
  • kart0019.gif
    kart0019.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 262
  • kart0011.png
    kart0011.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 288
  • kart0010.png
    kart0010.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 4,602
  • kart0021.png
    kart0021.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 4,541
  • FINISHSC.png
    FINISHSC.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 5,754
  • KR_SpiritronCup-v1.4.pk3
    10.7 MB · Views: 898
Last edited:
I believe the song is the Rain version, not the Thunder version?

That being said, I'm immediately sold on the 3H content. Welcome to Releases!

I believe the song is the Rain version, not the Thunder version?

That being said, I'm immediately sold on the 3H content. Welcome to Releases!
I've seen listings for it being either, but I'll no doubt probably just lump it in to an update if it eventually is needed.

Azure Abyss has been updated to Version 1.0.1. This patch contains a variety of minor QOL polish + edge case issues. Pending further edge case issues, I do not anticipate further patches at this time.

-Updated a handful of linedefs on the final outdoor section to properly display slopes.
-Corrected a handful of nodebuilder linedef related textures errors.
-Adjusted the properties of a handful of sectors to prevent softlocks.
-Changed a few gargoyles to be non-pushable that were supposed to be this way.
-Updated the musicdef to display the proper version of the song.

Last edited:
Not sure if you've fixed this yet, buuuut.
vrZ1MJ9.gif

Some directional assistance with some currents would be highly appreciated because I was stuck doing this weird dance for 20-30 seconds. XD
Possible the lobby was using an old version

Very cool track, fitting music, I like the 'angel and devil' design for the alt paths. I'm going to echo Ivo and say that the issue of getting caught in the floating sections seems not-unlikely in crowded races. I managed to do it myself, but I was playing around in the map and not actually racing it at the time. Those side sections with the spitting gargoyles in the u-turn hallways could maybe do with a boost pad or conveyor belt to give incentive to brave the green flames on them.

Very impressive start, looking forward to seeing what else you make :)

Some directional assistance with some currents would be highly appreciated because I was stuck doing this weird dance for 20-30 seconds. XD
Possible the lobby was using an old version
Yeah, admitably this is probably the sorest part of the track. I do have some methodology in place to combat this in the future, but I'm currently working on pushing some updates to the Box and another map to the public. I'll do my best to make sure that once that second map releases and this thread does turn into a map pack thread, this should ideally be significantly mitigated.

Those side sections with the spitting gargoyles in the u-turn hallways could maybe do with a boost pad or conveyor belt to give incentive to brave the green flames on them.
Actually, there originally was boost pads there in testing! Unfortunately, they were too risky and required very excessive accel tapping to make full use of them on hard speed or with faster characters in general. The map itself still gets the point across of what the section is to teach (light blue floor = fastest path, but gargoyles provide risk of getting spun out) whilst making sneakers allow the player to take them marginally easier.

Azure Abyss is joined by Cadillac Canyon, thus creating the first actual release for the Spiritron Cup. Please see the changelog in the OP for full documentation.

The Spiritron Cup has been updated to Version 1.1, making a few minor adjustments to Cadillac Canyon. Please see the changelog in the OP for full documentation.

The Spiritron Cup has been updated to Version 1.2, making a few minor adjustments to Azure Abyss. Please see the changelog in the OP for full documentation.

The Spiritron Cup has been updated to Version 1.3, making some minor adjustments to both courses. Please see the changelog in the OP for more information.

The Spiritron Cup has been updated to Version 1.4, adding... something. Please see the changelog in the OP for more information.

If you're in need of a cleansed palette, this update may do the trick.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back