How many Emblems can Amy obtain in SRB2 2.2?

LunickTMM

There is a tl;dr.

This list is mostly going over each stage and what emblems were hard or had interesting solutions to them. I will not be going over ring, time, score, or any Nights stages, as they are basically as intended, just as Amy.

GFZ1 - 5/5 - Most of the emblems here are relatively simple. The only hard one is the Heart Emblem which is in a hole in the ceiling near the end. If you lure a crawler into position, you can bounce off of one and get right up there.

GFZ2 - 4/5 - Most emblems here again were fairly simple. Knuckles’ Emblem is a little tricky, but the wind shield makes short work of it. There’s even a pillar that is just tall enough for Amy to jump off of if you miss the Diamond emblem on the way down. The only impossible emblem here is Spade. It’s up top behind a waterfall and is almost possible, except the hole you go into is spin only.

THZ1 - 5/5 - Originally I assumed this was going to be 3 obtainable emblems. Star is slightly tricky, but not too bad. And Diamond can be somewhat tricky, but is pretty easily obtained with some clever monitor bounces. Club and Heart are where things get interesting. Club is actually somewhat easy, using a speed boost from a super sneaker monitor and the slope for the downward spiral of red springs. This gets Amy just enough height to break open the wall.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyExquisiteBurrito4Head

Heart is a game of tedium. It requires luring at minimum 10 yellow buzzers into the room and getting them to drop agro by up and around the wall so they can’t see Amy and stare to the opposite side. After doing this for roughly 20 minutes, if you just bounce on them all, you can obtain just enough height with a wind shield to make it up to the Heart Emblem.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UninterestedSparklingWalrusRiPepperonis

THZ2 - 5/5 - Nothing too fancy. All fairly easily grabbed.

DSZ1 - 5/5 - It’s already been known that Amy can perfect bonus so these emblems weren’t all too bad. Wind shield is needed to back track, so don’t lose it!

DSZ2 - 4/5 - Amy has access to Knuckles path to grab the Diamond Emblem thanks to upwards momentum gained from the raising platform. Spade can be grabbed by bouncing off a 1-up monitor found underwater and a little bit of help from speed shoes boost. Club, however, is completely impossible. There’s no way to get up high enough to grab it.

CEZ1 - 5/5 - All Emblems here are not too bad except Star. It requires a bit of a tricky jump. You need to start from on top of a tree after the multiple red spring section. Bounce off a ring monitor to an elemental shield, to one more ring monitor and you’ll be right at the Bell Tower.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyNimbleMangetoutCharlietheUnicorn

CEZ2 - 5/5 - Most of these Emblems are relatively easy except for Diamond. It’s located at the end way up in the sky. Normally this is a Tails only Emblem, however, a quirk with SRB2 being that every bounce off a monitor or enemy gains you an insignificant amount of height. And thankfully, the shield enemies don’t break if you bounce on them from the front, so we can gain an insignificant amount of height an infinite number of times. After bouncing on the shield bots for 4 minutes, you’ll be able to obtain enough height to collect the Emblem.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlatantTallCourgetteAMPEnergyCherry

ACZ1 - 5/5 - Most of these aren’t very difficult and can be gotten decently with the wind shield. Star was going to be tricky, but a hammer to a red spring and you’re up there even without the wind shield.

ACZ2 - 5/5 - Where to begin here?
Heart, normally a Knuckles Emblem, can be obtained by a cheeky monitor bounce on the 10 ring monitor. However, Amy has the special ability of shooting hearts out of her hammer. These hearts unfortunately have a good chance of breaking the surrounding Eggman monitors and stopping all vertical momentum. Instead, bring a wind shield and grab the nearby invincibility monitor and just bounce on the eggman monitors to get your way up.
Diamond is normally a Fang only Emblem. This one is rather simply done by bringing the wind shield.
Club is located extremely high up at the end with seemingly no way up. The most we have to work with is a single 1 up monitor that in no way will give us enough height. So we’ll have to bring more. Grab a wind shield and lure a bird bot all the way to the final minecart section. For some reason they don’t believe in doors, so they’ll phase right through and follow you in. Get one into position and bounce off it to get enough height and speed to make it to the 1 up monitor that was previously too far away. Use the wind shield for an extra boost and be extremely careful to avoid the cacti so you don’t go screaming to your death and claim your prize.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertAmorphousYakinikuLeeroyJenkins

RVZ - 5/5 Most Emblems here are fairly simple with the exception of the Spade Emblem. It’s hidden in a hole in the ceiling above some lava. There is a wind shield located in the level, but it’s later on and the section we need it is being held hostage by a section of lava. Thankfully it’s just short enough we can use speed shoes and the extra height from the wind shield to make it over. The speed shoes come in handy getting up into the hole.

https://clips.twitch.tv/StrangeRichAyeayeDBstyle

ERZ1 - 4/5 - The difficult one of this course is definitely Spade. It’s located pretty early on in the right path, and Amy lacks the ability to go that path. So we have to beat the whole stage going left, and then make our way back through. However to make it back to the Spade Emblem, we need a wind shield and the wind shield is blocked off by a laser grid that requires spin to go under it without taking damage. To take care of this, we grab the invincibility monitor from that area to run through the grid, grab the wind shield and quickly make it past the grid before the invincibility runs out. Then carefully make your way under the walls using the wind shield to back track. Take lots of extra time to get as perfect as you can and let the platform run its full course. Then take the wind shield into the red room and claim the prize.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileEphemeralAlfalfaItsBoshyTime

https://clips.twitch.tv/FilthyCourteousBaboonFrankerZ

Heart is the impossible Emblem here. It’s on the left path, but it’s too far away for Amy to go after. Theoretically we could bring the wind shield and use the speed shoe monitor to get over, however the wind shield is locked to the right path due to not being able to back track on the right path. Even still, it seems just too far away to obtain. This one seems impossible.

ERZ2 - 5/5 - Mostly simple emblems. Heart is a rather tricky one that requires grabbing a wind shield early on in the left path and bringing it through to the right path. Navigate carefully and don’t get hit from the laser wall and you’ll be able to use the extra height to scale the inside of the elevator shaft.
Club isn’t too bad but I do highly recommend having a wind shield when you get it. Just know the trip is one way and the only way out is to die.

FHZ - 4/5 - Thanks to Amy’s extra jump height, some of the higher up emblems like Diamond and Club are made simple. Sadly the one emblem we can’t obtain is in our sight. A Star emblem just inside the frozen waterfall demands we spin dash into it and Amy lacks that capability.

PTZ - 4/5 - The Star and Diamond Emblem are somewhat tricky until you realize there’s a wind shield early on in the stage. It makes grabbing these emblems a sinch. However the Heart Emblem is simply way too high up for Amy to grab.

FFZ - 4/5 - Another relatively simple stage… except for another emblem that requires spin dash. The Heart Emblem is located in the archer tower and the secret exit is spin dash only. This is a no go.

HHZ - 3/5 - The only stage with 2 unobtainable Emblems. Both are located behind a spin dash hole and a breakable wall. Amy could break those walls, but she still can’t spin. Star Emblem can be gotten somewhat easily thanks to speed shoes and a good jump. If you want to play it safe, there are enemies nearby for a quick bounce to give you an extra lift up.

AGZ - 5/5 - While most of them aren’t particularly different, they’re all fairly difficult to do and require a bit of patience and skill. What is different is the Spade Emblem. There’s a pool of water stopping our advance into Fang’s path as Amy, but that still doesn’t stop us. When you reach the part where the split paths meet and there’s a speed shoe monitor, go to the room with the long floating platforms. There’s an invincibility monitor right below the exit. Bounce off it and use the speed shoes to quickly make it back to the water segment to cheat Amy and the electric shield into Fang/Knuckles path. Just safely make your way up the building and obtain the Spade Emblem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMlx9bTY2yc

ATZ - 4/5 - Of course the Club Emblem is difficult, but it was known to be obtainable. I also assumed Spade was possible thanks to air bubble cheese combined with the wind shield to gain height.
What I had assumed was impossible was the Star Emblem, and unfortunately for me, my chat informed me it was in fact possible. Even going as far as to find me proof, thanks to the Youtuber “GlitchedPhoenix” who originally put in effort to prove Amy could obtain this Emblem. There’s 4 segments to this. The first three are somewhat simple using the Wind Shield to carefully navigate past the buggles. However the third part is a nightmare. There’s 3 90 degree turns to make, and a simple jump and wind shield boost simply isn’t going to cover it. We HAVE to bounce off not one, but two buggles without getting their bubbles and then with a careful wind shield, we’ll get just enough height to make it all the way to the final segment, which thankfully is a completely simple matter of jumping off and using wind shield. After this just use the bubble height cheese the Star Emblem is yours.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyZealousSoybeanRickroll

So after all this, what’s the impossible Emblem? The Heart Emblem. Located behind a simple spindash hole that Amy can’t fit in.

tl;dr

Our total Emblem Count - 191/200

6 are spin dash only, 2 are too high, and another is just blocked off by one zoom tube. Overall a very challenging but interesting way to look at SRB2.

This is the most absurdly impressive thing I've ever seen in SRB2. I'd never in a million years think that CEZ2 Diamond was obtainable by anyone but Tails, let alone Amy. And the ATZ Star emblem is the type of thing I'd expect a TAS to do, not a human.

I'm so happy this was done. The majority of emblems that Sonic couldn't get in 2.1 were solely because of breakable walls and Amy totally destroys that limitation. Maybe we'll find the spin height cheese before 2.3 comes out :^)

This is absolutely fantastic. Amy mains are truly the most evolved form of civilization....

You need to remember that in base SRB2, you need to get 5 Emblems in order to unlock the stage where you can get her for completing it. Meaning you need to collect at least 5 Emblems before you can unlock her. So, of the emblems which she can't get, which can be gotten without any other emblems?

FHZ is out because that's where you have to get her from. So is PTZ and FFZ due to them needing more emblems. And HHZ/ATZ require you to beat the game, which gives an emblem, so they are out. That leaves 3 Emblems which she can't collect... Not enough to unlock FHZ. So, you have to collect at least two more of the Emblems, meaning she can only collect at most 189 of the 200 emblems herself, not 191. Because remember, once you collect an Emblem, it can't be recollected in the same save data.

You need to remember that in base SRB2, you need to get 5 Emblems in order to unlock the stage where you can get her for completing it.

While true, this was done with a soc that specifically unlocks Amy at the start of base SRB2. Even with those stipulations in place, the only forced emblem is the one for completing the game. You can then get 2 in HHZ, 1 in DSZ2, 1 if GFZ2. So 190 would be the specific amount.

This was more done as a "what if" scenario where Amy is the only playable character.

Amy is extremely versatile, that's what I've been trying to tell people. Highest jump height, hammer on springs for quick verticality, break strong walls, floors, and spikes... is there anything she can't do? I mean, other than spin, obviously. She's arguably the definitive way to play SRB2.

In-depth challenges like this done by people who really know a game inside and out are always interesting. If srb2 were more well known this could have potential on youtube in the same vein as those silly mario challenge videos.

I just figured out a faster way to get the DSZ2 emblem than what this thread has. You just need to hammer some springs underwater and use a whirlwind shield, and the emblem is accessible. I made a video showing how to get it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back