Resource icon

[Open Assets] Uncurl v4 (sfx update) 4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
Exactly what it says on the tin. Press spin again to stop spinning.

Console command "uncurltoggle" (default: on) can be used to change the way uncurling is triggered. By default, re-pressing the spin key will cause an uncurl. If uncurltoggle is disabled, releasing the spin key will cause an uncurl.

There's also a small delay before uncurling is allowed to occur.

attachment.php

Attachments

• VL_Uncurl-v1.lua
    461 bytes · Views: 467
  • srb20238.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 7,155
  • VL_Uncurl-v2.lua
    2.2 KB · Views: 338
  • VL_Uncurl-v3.lua
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,087
  • L_Uncurl-v4.pk3
    9.1 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:
srb23213.gif

Works quite nicely with CobaltBW's Momentum Mod.
Why isn't there an option for toggle-styled curling instead of hold and release, though?
Sometimes I begin rolling to destroy an enemy, release Spin because I'm used to Vanilla SRB2 rolling and then I get damaged because I wanted control over my character as soon as possible.

I actually expected it to be toggle-styled because uncurl is sorta a thing in Sonic Adventure 1. In that game you can spin, and if you press spin again you uncurl.

This looks so simple yet so interesting!

I actually expected it to be toggle-styled because uncurl is sorta a thing in Sonic Adventure 1. In that game you can spin, and if you press spin again you uncurl.

Yeah, it was kinda broken because it's a speed-running strat to spam the spin-dashing in this game

A really simple mod, but once you get used to holding to spin it just makes everything flow that much better - combat, platforming, gaining speed, it's all just better. Going into a roll suddenly isn't saved for the areas made specifically for it any more, since you don't have to dedicate your entire momentum stock or enough space to jump out of it.

v2 is out - now, you must re-press spin to uncurl. Use uncurltoggle off to restore the old behavior.

I actually don't remember how SA1 worked.
Basically pressing the spin button then pressing it again uncurls Sonic. Due to how this didn't have a cool-down then it could've been spammed (which is why almost every SA1 speedrun in Sonic's story had that)

This was nerfed hard in SA2 because of the somersault move taking the place of the simple b press.

In SA1 you can spindash without having to come to a complete stop, you can spindash at full speed, and in sa1 you can just spam spindash-uncurl over and over again to get the most speed.

Updated to v3, fixing an animation bug where you'd be running for exactly 1 tic after uncurling.

Krabs you should put version number in the thread title like I do so that it's very obvious upon first sight that you've updated the mod. (I wouldn't have known this was an update if I didn't see it in MRCE discord first)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back