Titou

attachment.php

Weathermod is a mod based on the gimmick of Touhou project 10.5/12.3, reproducing the weather system of those games but on a kart racer.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Each weather has a different effect, the weather changes when the active effect stop or when a player get hit by orbinaut/jaws, blown up or squished

list of weathers:
1. Sunny | Players got increased speed
2. Snowy | Players had ice physics
3. Earthquake | Grounded items will bounce off the ground
4. Lunar | Gravity is lower for Players
5. Dimension | Players get their size increased
6. Typhoon | Players get permanent flashtics, hazards and items won't hurt them
7. Windy | Charges boost in mid-air and unleashs when they hit the ground
8. Sunset | Drifting gives boost to Players
9. Twinkle star | Getting an item will double his amount
10. Rain | Players lose their item or powerup if they got hit
11. Tempest | Send Players to the air when they got hit
12. Thunderstorm | The thunder shield shock will trigger if the Player got hit
13. Blood moon | Bumping others with a higher speed than them will cause spinout
14. Mountain vapor| Hides Player's item slot
15. Sandstorm | Drift sparks came out faster
16. Cloudy | Pickups only give a single type of item (banana, sneaker...)
17. Blue sky | Driving become weirder
18. Aurora | Award boost if the Player hit someone
19. Night | Screen became darker
20. Pressure | The faster player squishs other in contact + get squished when landing while spinning
21. Hail | Ice rocks fall from the sky
22. Comet | Increase the size of throwable items (except eggbox)

In encore mode, weathers effect can change or being amplified
NOTICE: Lunar, Typhoon and Rain will never trigger on battle mode
NOTICE: Night, Mountain vapor and Earthquake visual effect wont show up in replays for better visibilty on gifs recording

Console Variables:
All consoles variables are for admin only

weathermod [on/off]: Toggles this mod
(default: on)

weathermod_increment [number]: Sets how fast the timer goes during the active weather
(default: 15)

weathermod_decrement [number]: Sets how fast the timer goes during the inactive weather
(default: 15)

weathermod_maxtime [number]: Sets the maximum time used to turn off the active weather when reached
use this cvar if you want to both change weathermod_increment and weathermod_decrement
(default: 9999) (~18 seconds)
NOTICE: the timer shown on the top screen is this value divided by 100 (without the units shown)
(for Ex: 9999 will show 99,9 on the HUD)

weathermod_hell [percentage]: Set the chance of getting a hell weather on change
(default: 5)

weathermod_encore [on/off/force]: Toggles the encore variant of weathers during encore mode, setting this on force will also occur on normal races and battle
(default: on)

weathermod_order [on/off]: When on, the next weather will follow the order of the list seen above instead of picking a another one randomly
(default: off)
NOTICE: turining on this disables hell weathers

weathermod_force [weather name]: Force the activation of the weather typed (check list of weathers for names)
type "weathermod_force off" or any invalid value to toggle this off

weathermod_keepforced [on/off]: Keep the same forced weather on map change if on

For Mapmakers/SOC makers:
A SOC line can be added on your level header, this prevents some weathers to be triggered on cause issue (or become useless) on your map:
- "Lua.Removeweather = lunar, windy"
This exemple below will remove lunar and windy
Test your maps with some weathers too see witch ones you have to remove (use "weathermod_force" for this)

Cases of using this:
- Lunar can overshoot people on ramps/springs and can make some parts of the track unbeatable
- Encore variant dimension can make steepy slopes act like walls and vertival winds sections will badly work, or your map is too hellish to play with X2 size
- Lunar and windy become useless if your map has no ramps/springs
- Snowy is useless if your map is filled with ice physics

Weathermod is meant for chaos in races, and not really made for balancing the game, so some weathers can ruin your day
Also, don't complain about not be able to beat a track with any hell weather on, they're in hell for a reason

changelog:
V1.2
- added
Added new weather: Comet
Added a hell weather
Cloudy has now a encore variant effect
Encore effects can now be activated on normal races and battle by using 'weathermod_encore force'

- changes
Items will have no gravity during encore mode lunar

- fixes
Fixed invincibility colors not working during some weathers
Fixed Vertical axis collisions
Fixed weather going crazy if weathermod_force is set while nobody is playing

V1.1
- changes
Hail weather ice rocks will spawn around all players instead the current leader
In mountain vapor encore, current item will be dropped if the player hold it for to long (instead of hiding the entire hud)

- fixes
Removed weathers on vanilla maps are now hardcoded intsead of using a soc, fixing conflit with kartrev; You no longer need to load weathermod in last
Night should now work correctly in custom resolutions
Removed a placeholder hell weather
Fixed warning happening if the mod gets disabled
Timer stops if nobody is playing

Known issues:
- Replays can desync and pick the wrong weather, this is mostly because the replays hates randoms functions. You can overcome this issue by using "weathermod_force" if you remeber witch weather got triggered during replay

Attachments

• r2.gif
    r2.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 8,828
  • kart0495.gif
    kart0495.gif
    7.2 MB · Views: 8,787
  • weathermod.png
    weathermod.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 6,260
  • KL_weathermod_v1.2.pk3
    110 KB · Views: 861
Last edited:
Holy crap, I never thought I'd see this sort of thing for SRB2 Kart let alone anything SRB2. The system looks and runs awesomely and I found this so stupidly fun. It just *works* so much better in a kart racer than a fighting game... And I love the idea of the weather affecting the track, Sonic R did it on a per course basis rather than on the fly here however. I can't wait for future updates!!

Sometime i get "weathermod" and doesn't really do anything beside being red and say "Anything can happen"

is this normal?

great addon btw, i like it so far
would be also possible the hide the hud aswell? for suprise reason or when we force weather

Last edited:
This add-on spits out warnings if it is disabled by the weathermod cvar because the Playercollision() function does not check if weathermod.current is nil.

Last edited:
Sometime i get "weathermod" and doesn't really do anything beside being red and say "Anything can happen"

is this normal?

great addon btw, i like it so far
would be also possible the hide the hud aswell? for suprise reason or when we force weather

That's actually a reference to how Aurora works in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody-it's a random weather, which tends to have pretty subtle effects!

Attachments

• Swr_st_tenshi_01.PNG.png
    Swr_st_tenshi_01.PNG.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 564
Actually the hell weather called "weathermod" is a placeholder weather I forgot to remove, it does nothing.
You expect getting a terrible effect that can ruin your race with hell weathers, not a weather that does nothing.
Will be fixed on the next version.

Updated to v1.1

- changes
Hail weather ice rocks will spawn around all players instead the current leader
In mountain vapor encore, current item will be dropped if the player hold it for to long (instead oof hiding the entire hud)

- fixes
Removed weathers on vanilla maps are now hardcoded intsead of using a soc, fixing conflit with kartrev; You no longer need to load weathermod in last
Night should now work correctly in custom resolutions
Removed a placeholder hell weather
Fixed warning happening if the mod gets disabled
Timer stops if nobody is playing

Really love the addon and the update, removing the placeholder actually made it fun because we somehow always getting it back then lol

i do have a tiny request, would it be possible to move the timer/hud from the side, replacing the actual race timer? (like elimination did)

it would be good for using it with friendmod and hitfeed since they both get hidden by the weather timer

bonus: have a video with your mods on action, i put a timestamp to where we turn it onhttps://youtu.be/4W2umY5s9FE?t=2130

Updated to 1.2:
- added
Added new weather: Comet
Added a hell weather
Cloudy has now a encore variant effect
Encore effects can now be activated on normal races and battle by using 'weathermod_encore force'

- changes
Items will have no gravity during encore mode lunar

- fixes
Fixed invincibility colors not working during some weathers
Fixed Vertical axis collisions
Fixed weather going crazy if weathermod_force is set while nobody is playing

So, this happened in Diamond Square during some testing, this has only happened when I have the weather set to rain:

kart0000.gif

Last edited:
Titou updated Weathermod [V1.2] with a new update entry:

Version 2

-(added)
Added cvar "weathermod_dynamic", allowing the change of weather when it's active
Added cvar "weathermod_toggle" witch disables or enables weathers
Added cvar "weathermod_visible" witch can hide the weather HUD and the background sky
Hell weathers can be forced with "weathermod_force"
random can be assigned with "weathermod_force" for forcing a random weather

-(changes)
Blue sky weather give unlimited sliptide on normal, his previous effect is now an encore effect
Cloudy weather now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back