MY EMAIL HAS BEEN HACKED?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crüsäder

No seriously. My password's not working. It's a yahoo email and I put in fake info but I can't remember it. Am I screwed? If not, what the hell should I do?

ITT talk about hackers (and what I can do to help my situation).

fox boy said:
gooooooooooooooooooood luck......wait isn't there a forgot your password?

Yeah, but I made the account like 3 years ago and now I can't remember what I put for the alternate email address.

hmmm.....that's hard......i wish i could help but i have no idea how to get into a e-mail adress without knowing the password....try to remember the answer to the forgot your password question is all the advice i got.

Isn't this why most webmail providers ask you to provide an original e-mail in case something happens to the webmail account?

FoxBlitzz said:
Isn't this why most webmail providers ask you to provide an original e-mail in case something happens to the webmail account?

Yeah. It was my alternate email from like 3 years ago though.

shayne said:
well, I once hacked into my friends account cus his password was too easy, Does that count?

Don't confuse hacking with guessing. They're entirely different things.

I've lost one email address to the ether thus far. My cousin told someone the answer to the 'secret question' (Back when you couldn't make your own, and there were just a few generic choices).
It doesn't matter now, my old address has died a death and nothing of value was lost.

Depending on what you used your old email for, and if you have the computer that you used to use it on (unformatted, with files from that era intact), you could always look through things like your web history and chat logs of your messenger client.

Failing that, if you know of any sites that are still standing that you used that email in the account settings, then log in and find out the address.

If it doesn't work, then I'd assume that you're doomed as the email provider may have pruned your account for 3 years inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back