scr_The Emerald Isles (Updated July 23-Final 1.09.4 version)

How are these levels?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, I've made an inevitable error in this release. Please re download the fixed version in the first post. That's all.

Oh man, the new zone is FREAKING HUGE! I almost got lost on it!
Also, MAJOR design flaw in ALZ1: insta-kill by crawla upon spawning in a starpost =/

very good for your first one, but the canyon zone is bad, may I sugest you compleatly redo it?

super said:
very good for your first one, but the canyon zone is bad, may I sugest you compleatly redo it?

Urrmm... I think that canyon zone has been pointed out to him far too much now. But yes, It does need to be remade...

And I think that the first zone is the best in this level pack. I've also noticed that Sandtrap Dunes Act 1 was much easier than several acts before it. I also like the custom music for Emerald Isles Act 1 and Sandtrap Dunes Act 2 that you put in. I seem to recognise the one for SDZ2, while the music for EIZ1 I do not know at all (where did you get them from, anyway?)!

@Super: read a page back. I've already had to kill 5 puppies in 2 days. :(

@Monster Iestyn: That's only due to the order that I created these maps in. To answer your music question, go play Ristar. :P

And on the Seventh day...

Guess what? I UPDATE. I'll fill this post later, but go check it out on the first page!

The Emerald Isles 2.4 features a new zone, Rush-Err, BLAZE Canyon, along with other small fixes in other stages.

After a few months of procrastination, I finally managed to pull 2 more zones out of by behind. Since I'm always trying to improve with every level I create, you might notice some of the later levels are either shorter in length, or just downright easy. That is because these are earlier stages during my time here, and I didn't have nearly as much knowledge about level making as I do now.

EDIT: I've been told of a small problem with the special stage music, and a lava fall that didn't damage. I uploaded a fixed version, though I know those 15 people don't want to end up downloading a 25 Mb of level pack AGAIN. Sorry to those people. :|

Yes! A new version, I've already played through most of it. :D I love Blaze Canyon, and all of the improvements you made to the rest of the levels since the last release. :)
Zone 1 of Blaze Canyon has really improved since the last map you released, much more challenging, detailed and I don't get turned around as easily. :) Although I almost couldn't figure out that part of the level with the engine room, until I noticed the big switch after dieing twice in a row. :P I noticed you still haven't figured out what to do about the misplaced sounds of the crushers, but that's not really a big deal to me, anyway.
Zone 2 of BC is a massive level and it's pretty hard because of all the collapsing terrain, it took me 9 minutes(not counting the times I died) to make it out alive. :P It's still a great level, and I like the soundtrack you picked for it, which perfectly suited the mood of the level.
Keep up the great work, Kuja, if it weren't for The Emerald Isles and Chaos Twilight, I would be extremely bored with SBR2 right now.

The new Blaze canyon is awesome! But in act 2 somewhere in the middle of the level, I got a sigsev. It was the first branching pathway with the arrow signs pointing left or right

I like Blaze Canyon, except that it seems a bit hard for the second zone...

I've just been thinking... Why do the first 3 maps have maps numbers after the other 5 zones' map numbers? Couldn't you just rearrange the map numbers so that the first 3 maps have the map numbers before the map numbers of the other 5 zones?

Thanks, Dr. Pepper, you're a pretty awesome guy yourself. :P

sonic260 said:
The new Blaze canyon is awesome! But in act 2 somewhere in the middle of the level, I got a sigsev. It was the first branching pathway with the arrow signs pointing left or right

It happens in more than that spot. I just realized that it happens at random times in other parts of the level... I'm guessing it is because I was pushing the BLOCKMAP to its very limits, and it snapped under the strain.

Until I can figure out a way to get around this problem, you'll just have to bear it, I'm afraid.

Monster Iestyn said:
I've just been thinking... Why do the first 3 maps have maps numbers after the other 5 zones' map numbers? Couldn't you just rearrange the map numbers so that the first 3 maps have the map numbers before the map numbers of the other 5 zones?

Heh, I could/would/should, but I'm too scatterbrained to remember to do so. Any more questions?

...What the hell? I never removed it....

Guess I'll just make 2 different versions to keep people from downloading this massive thing AGAIN. D:

download links are removed for now.

EDIT:Okay, I think everything is(relatively) fixed now. Excuse me while I go throw myself in front of the nearest car I can find.

EDIT2:Also, level pack canceled. Because I can. And no, it has nothing to do with the amount of edits I had to do. I simply lack the will to continue this mod as of now. Heck, the periods between releases is actually extending, and on top of that, I have no idea what I'm going to do about the later stages. So, see you later Emerald Isles-I won't quite say goodbye just yet.

Hello Kuja.

Despite the fact that you're actually willing to turn down this MOD of yours, I really think it's a work of art, and I was really impressed by the quality of the work you have put into your MOD. I'm really sorry that you're going to quit working on this, because I, myself at the least, was really hoping for this to get done. Also, I'm sorry that I have the feeling that this topic is being ignored by those of the message board. I don't see much comments on this MOD. Well, anyways, Blaze Canyon, Emerald Isle, and Sandtrap Ruins were perhaps the best levels I've played in SRB2, especially Blaze Canyon. That was just marvelous, and the music you've put into the second act was amazingly fitful for the act. Also wondering, what was the name of that piece you've implanted into that level? I love it myself. So yeah, well then I'll just have to make use of your final version which has already been released. This is an excellent MOD with fabulous gameplay, and I can't imagine any other levels, currently, that are much better than Blaze Canyon Zone, your most recent zone released here on the SRB2 Message Board.

Thanks, Kuja, for all the work you've put into this MOD. Your truly outstanding levels have inspired me to recreate the existing levels in my MOD. Well, I hope to see any type of work coming from you, as in my opinion, you are one of the greatest mappers here, based on the work you put into your MOD, The Emerald Isles.

Kuja, may I remind you that nobody's pressuring you to make more levels. Personally, I think you should use Emerald Isles as a place to contain levels that you have made. If you don't make any more levels in the future, and this thing doesn't get updated to include them, I honestly don't mind.

Also, 123 Runite doesn't get out much.

Hello BlueZero4.

That is perhaps a nice idea for his pack.

Well then, the last line I took into heart. Is this what you people of the messageboard think of me? Is there some hatred or ignorance towards me for no apparent reason? Assuming isn't a factor that can be considered great. For you who do not know me well, you who can just assume to know who I really am and how I am, you're wrong. Think again. I have a very busy life, and this is what I do in my spare time.

I say you don't get out much because there is a lot of great content made by a lot of different people. I don't think "one of the greatest" is a very accurate phrase. I would've said "a solid addition to the community." And honestly, it feels like you're always dropping in on just the wrong threads. I know you only have a little spare time, but it seems like the amount of time spent here is affecting your opinions.

Hi BlueZero4.

*sigh* I do explore the the threads of the forums, but I'm not a frequent poster nor do I want to frequently post. Yes, there are other nice levels, but since I did have a question on Kuja's MOD (the music one), and after seeing that he's not going to work on the MOD, I just then had to post my thoughts of it.

Now, that last line I mentioned on my previous post. It would've been best if you elaborated on that so I wouldn't have gotten mixed up with something else in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back