SRB2 Reimagined: The SRB2 Remix Project for Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Hey everyone!

This is a great idea I just cam up with last night. As a musician, I think it would be cool if any musicians here in the SRB2 community would contribute to a massive project: "Sonic Robo Blast 2 Reimagined," a full album containing all remixes of SRB2 tracks by members of the community. As well, if you're not a musician, you may contribute an album art idea as well, one of which will be selected for the final cover. I already came up with my own (which I probably won't pick unless it's the only good one which I doubt):

Cover.bmp

Anyway, you may post anything that you want put in here, as well as email it to me, please. <Techno.Jon96@gmail.com> Also, just some general rules for entry:

Songs:
  • Optimal length would be between 2-5 minutes so that everyone gets a fair amount on the album, but longer or shorter stuff will be accepted if it is of good quality.
  • Please use mp3 or wma or some other common format so we can ALL listen to it.
  • You don't have to worry about tagging your files; I will do that.
  • As well, track order will be decided by musical style for a smooth, flowing album.

Art:
  • Optimal size for artwork is 512x512, but most other sizes work, as long as they're square and not smaller than 200x200. Rectangles will be squished!
  • Please use png, bmp, or jpg, or some other common format so we can ALL view it.
  • Don't worry about names and the Folder/AlbumArtSmall jpegs, I will do those as well.
  • The final artwork chosen will be the one that is of best quality and NOT based on opinion.

Well, I think that pretty much covers it... I already composed one to start us off: Techno Illusions, a remix of Techno Hill... Also, the final album will be compiled and uploaded to the site, and a link will be provided here... Your name will be tagged into your songs... It'll all be free, you'll get credit... That's it.

I'm probably also gonna do ERZ and maybe CEZ, DSZ, and TVZ (mystic realm.) When 60-70 minutes of material has been collected, the final album will be released, and we can continue to part two if needed.

I just wrote a ton more than planned...

Eh, I just hope this works. I look forward to hearing your music!

I totally claim Aerial Garden Zone. That's the only one I'll promise yet. This is actually a good idea! We should get a bunch of the "local" musicians into this.

*Calls BlueWarrior"

Well, I'm sure other people (including me) want to do that one too...

There can be multiple versions of a song, you know. Heck, I might not even do the ones I mentioned above! I just started work on Flame Rift Zone, and I might not do Egg Rock.

Spazzo's piano solo = win

I didn't hear too much in the way of errors besides those few tempo blips, but if you can make it better, DO IT!!! Just tell me what's final and what's a demo.

Anyway, I just finished Flame Rift Zone as Flame Eruption. And ThunderNova, I can't wait to see your artwork.

I must say I'm really happy this is working. Thanks in advance for taking time to participate!

• Please use mp3 or wma or some other common format so we can ALL listen to it.
  • You don't have to worry about tagging your files; I will do that.
  • As well, track order will be decided by musical style for a smooth, flowing album.
I hope this means all of it will be in Vorbis since the only player that can't play Vorbis easily is iTunes.

[/LIST]
I hope this means all of it will be in Vorbis since the only player that can't play Vorbis easily is iTunes.
Why not use FLAC as the base, then you can convert them to M4A, MP3 and OGA(OGG/Vorbis)?

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

Okay guys, this is a very good idea you got there, I'm with you.
I am a pianist of 5-6 years. I am passionate about music, I can help you.
But ... how can you remix!
I tried several programs: FL Studio 9, not terrible.
Garageband ... etc..
If you tell me what software you remixed your Techno Hill, I can quickly understand and begin a remix.

About your work for download .... sorry to say this, but I do not like it too. It's too word-for-word ... hmm this is not the style I like to remix. I know it's hard ... you take the time it takes.
Your music is a little like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqqdFHpp37Y
A sort of theme copied with instruments added.

I can offer you 3 types of remixes.

==> First how remixes a little simpler. The remixes by synthéniseur (using software, of course.) To make the music "electric-mechanical" ...
A great example: look at the videos of that person, SonicMegaMix. Simple remixes are loved.
==> Http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicMegaMix

==> Then come the remixes with various instruments of any kind. It is more preferred that the electronic theme.
Its diversity is therefore a higher quality. It is also the theme of remixes that I think of how.
Here are two examples, also very good. Maxiedaman and SonicHyperMix.
==> Http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicHyperMix
==> Http://www.youtube.com/user/maxiedaman?blend=1&ob=4

==> And the last type of remix. Totally awesome. I wonder how they do.
A sort of mixture of the two remixes + inimitable grace.
So listen to the album "Project Chaos", an album that remixed the music of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It's insane.
(On the site, click on the head of Knuckles, then the page just ==> click on Sonic and the cubes in the top right, go to the "Media". Click on the digits and downloads give me your opinion of these mp3.)

==> http://s3k.ocremix.org/

I also think, we can change the name of the album ... in Project SRB2, something like that! We could draw, I think the title you gave is a bit ordinary.

Well, I was gonna convert most of them to HQ MP3 (256-320 kbps VBR) so that it is near ensured that anything can play them. However, if one is sent to me in a lo-q MP3 format (128-192 kbps CBR) I won't bother raising the bitrate since it can't add quality back into it. If you want to use FLAC or WAV as a base, go ahead, just remember that it WILL GO MP3 eventually. As for Internet Explorer, these school cpus have YouTube blocked, so I'll get back to you...

I remixed both in MODPlug Tracker. I would DIE without ModPlug. Maybe not really...

Anyway, synths from Internet, so you can easily find them. In my opinion, MODPlug is the best tracker I have used. I even sometimes convert the modules to sheet music for the school band. Good luck.

As for name... Tell us whic you prefer, everybody! SRB2 Reimagined or Project SRB2!

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I did change the songs; however, I like to keep the overall feel of a piece in the remix, just make it "spacey" (this is how my mom describes my music).

Last edited:
I agree with Internet Explorer about your music being too close to the originals. When I think remix, I think this kind of stuff

I use FL Studio 9 to do my music, and I've never had a problem of being limited by it. I tried Modplug Tracker at one point, but Trackers have just never been my thing, so I couldn't stand it for very long.

I use my Korg TR for pretty much everything. Patch selection, recording, even full-on sequencing at times. ACZ2's lead guitar came from that synthesizer, although the rest of that song was a compilation of renders from SSNTails and Nev3r which I mashed together.

I implore you guys to sit down and listen to the Arid Canyon Remix (TUNES 15) to get an understanding of the difference between "remixing" and "taking a MIDI, selecting software synths, and pressing export".

One method that I find helps aid remix construction is to break up a song into its base chords...

For the musically initiated, here's an example: GFZ1 would be G, D, C, and the bridge is [Fm, C#, D#, C5/G#, Bb5/G] x2 A/F.

...and try to create arpeggios out of them. You can also try introducing twists to the chords (I'd start with changing majors into sus/maj7 and work your way up from there) if you're feeling a bit creative. By this point, just re-order and repeat some of the chord sequences and you're nearly there.

Last edited:
Okay, just a small idea I had, I could make track pictures for each of the tracks. I know some albums have them, so I thought this once could use them, so I mad this cheap thing in MS Paint in a few seconds:

lolreimaginedstuff.png

If you like the idea, I can make more in Paint.NET.

Last edited:
Okay, just a small idea I had, I could make track pictures for each of the tracks. I know some albums have them, so I thought this once could use them, so I mad this cheam thing in MS Paint in a few seconds.

lolreimaginedstuff.png

If you like the idea, I can make more in Paint.NET.

I improved your image, it isn't very good, but here it is:

srb2.png

Yeah... It looks odd, and ugly too.... but I can do it without the supernova. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back