[Open Assets] SRB2 Christmas Remix 2010

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of why I haven't listened on canceling my update is because of posts like ImaRawrBadly>.<'s, steven's, or even Root's. They may be a minority, but their posts tell me that there are people willing to play this, even if some of the posts are from last year.

This is pretty much synonymous with "All the common morons on the Master Server like it, so I'll go ahead and continue to please them and not the people who actually know what a good level is."

Last edited:
I believe your point was you wanted me to stop working on this all together. Correct?
Holy mackeral, glaber! How did you ever deduce that?

Could it be the fact that, I dunno, nearly EVERYONE including Mystic has been constantly telling you to stop working on this for the past couple of pages?

Remaking levels that aren't worth updating is one thing, but on top of that, you can't make a good level anyway! So, why you even try still is completely beyond me.

Hey guys, I know that flaming people for making bad levels without giving any actual criticism is fun, but stop doing it before you get banned. If you are considering making a post that can be summed up as "Glaber is a bad level designer and also possibly stupid", then keep it to yourself. Just because Mystic is blunt in his opinions doesn't mean you can piggyback on him without adding anything of worth to the topic.

Last edited:
Well depending on how this year's edition goes. If things don't improve, this will be the final version. If things do improve, then next year's will be the final one with only megamix levels.

srb20244.png

...Snow.

Under the sea.

wat

Also, that green on that shade of blue/white does NOT work. At all.

It's honestly beyond me why you continue working on this when you get so much flack for it. (not saying you don't deserve it, though)

Downloading anyway, playing is still amusing at least.

So this is this year's edition of SRB2 Christmas, huh?Well, not to anyone's surprise, it's really abysmal. I don't know why I'm doing this, but I'm even gonna tell you why.

You known what this pack should be? Prime 2.0 already stated it: It should be a 100% straight port of the old Christmas levels, without any kind of alterations. It should also not include any additional secrets or unlockables. Instead, it shouldn't even have a gamedata and supply all levels from the get-go. And now what this is:

Graphics replacement:
Have you ever seen snow underwater? Or snow in a canyon? Or snow in an active volcano? Of course not, and that's why this idea is stupid. I remember you brought this up several times before and several people told you why it doesn't work. For some reason, you didn't listen and made this anyway.And even if the idea wasn't trash, the execution is really half-assed. You didn't even replace all the textures, which makes certain rooms in DSZ (the worst offender on this) look almost funny. Bottom line: Worthless idea badly executed.

Megamix:
The good part: It's only three levels. The bad part: They all suck. Judging from the announcement you made along with the release of this, you still haven't understood one thing: Megamix is a bad idea. Don't even try. If the next year's version will only consists of Megamix levels, it will not be any better than the current one. The simple fact is that there is nothing you can do to improve these levels. They are consistently bad, and you can't make them good as long as you retain anything from the original map. The execution also sucks: You kept that awful original wall texture, inserted all kinds of unnecessary enemies that shouldn't be there (seriously, Crawlas? Motobugs?), you made the maps even more confusing than before in some places (the water path in the second map is harder to find than the secret in that room). But the most glaring flaw is that you kept the basic layout of those maps. It doesn't work. Don't even try.

Remix:
As always, awful. Enemy spam and other crude changes to the original SRB2 Christmas, for no real reason. Either retain it as it once was, as a "historical curiosity", as Mystic called it, or make something completely unrelated.

Bottom line: I found the worst mod of the year. Yes, it's playable, but it's also consistently awful. Please, don't update this next year, unless you do what I said in the second paragraph.

Meh, download won't start for an akward reason. It keeps sending me back to "processing download" thing after the link becomes available. I guess it's a bug in Mediafire or something.

Then why say it at all? That's something every mod has to deal with.

Anyway, this mod is confusing as hell, especially Megamix. I have absolutely no idea where to go to do anything, and it's all extremely repetitive. In any case, I think the ice is too slippery; it should only impede control a moderate amount. You should still be able to change direction when running at top speed.

Forgive me for generalizing here, but you know what your problem is, Glaber? You just don't listen to anyone. You advertise what you're doing in a request for feedback, it's nearly always awful, everyone gives you sage advice for how to make it less awful, and you completely ignore it. All the freaking time. Seriously, your levels wouldn't be half as bad as they are if you just sat up and paid attention to criticism. Do you think Tortured Planet would have gotten anywhere near where it is if I hadn't been dutifully listening to the advice of people like SpiritCrusher? My mod shows dramatic improvements wherever I respond to feedback, and lags behind wherever I keep things the way they were. Keep ignoring our advice, and we'll never cure Glaber Syndrome.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think there's even a precedent for doing this, but I'm locking this topic to prevent him from being able to bump this garbage next year as well as to prevent the inevitable personal bashing that's sure to result because that's basically the only opinion left to have at this point.

Glaber, do NOT bring this up next year. You refuse to listen to ANYTHING people tell you and persist on making awful, awful stages year after year. Please, for your sake and the sake of the rest of the forums, give it up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back