• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Self Composed Music Criticsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

The last weeks I was messing around with creating stage music I wanted to use in one level I am working on. Finally I have created something that sounds acceptable but I am still looking for some advices how to improve the composition.

So this is where you come into play. Since SRB2 uses some kickass tunes and gamers usually have a flair for music I thought it might be a good idea to ask you about your opinions.

Download "Play With Fire"
Or Download via Mediafire
Note: I used ogg vorbis format and put it into a rar archive to reduce filesize.

Works fine for me... :|

Anyway, Mediafire download link in first post. Are there more people having problems with the Zymic Mirror?

I feel it's a bit too high-strung, and changes so much the memorable areas get lost in the confusion. When it changes, it differs so much the listener loses the beat of the song.

I'm no expert, mind you.

Turret 49 said:
I feel it's a bit too high-strung, and changes so much the memorable areas get lost in the confusion. When it changes, it differs so much the listener loses the beat of the song.
I guess it's so high-strung because I first had a boss theme in mind when I started. It's an interesting question if it is too much even for a Sonic game. It did not feel that way during testruns I set to music. Maybe it has something to do with the taste of music. But if it was too high-strung... what should I do to mitigate it?

About the changes... I dunno if it is too varying. In the second run I used the same components and just mixxed them in another way so that it sounds not too repetetive. Did it went over the top?

Some more opinions please... ^___^

After coming back to this, and taking into account the boss fight theme, it works great for that purpose. Is it actually to be used as boss battle music?
In the first post you stated it's stage music, so I thought it'd be for a normal map/zone/level. Hearing it now; it's mostly fine (the fast paced notes could get annoying after a while), which is kind of weird looking at what I wrote before.

Some other people giving input wouldn't hurt, they can't be much worse than me. :P

Midi-like sample quality, but If youre using free software this might be unavoidable...
I feel you might add some depth to the parts without the ... sound at the beginng...
But I'm no pro either....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back