Suggestions

Well may I suggest something related to MD2s? Basically the animation blending, there's some animations that, in my honest opinion, need blending removed (like the devs did with the blending of the stand animation to waiting animation on prior Srb2 releases, it would slowly fade to the waiting animations, kinda ruining the visuals, but it was fixed for newer versions of the game).

Here's an example of what I mean:
f29091d8e9.gif

Notice how the hands slowly go to the waiting animations? This was fixed later on, improving the visuals of MD2s.

With this in mind, here I can show you some animations that could have this blending removed:

95ffe192a8.gif

87057f3513.gif

See how the animation blends with the walk animation, and it kinda ruins the flow of the model, of 8 sprites (a.k.a frames) of the super transformation, the MD2 ends up using 4, cause the blending doesn't let the animation finish playing.

Just another suggestion, tho it's not that relevant, I mean, this could be added as an extra fix at last minute before 2.2 releases, but it would make MD2s look a lot more consistent.
Sorry if I'm a bother, but I want to help the game look better even if it is with irrelevant details such as these.

Assuming you're talking about this feature while using analog control, it's actually possible with a keybind! It'd still be nice to have as a vanilla option, but for now this does its job well. Just stick this line in autoexec.cfg, replacing "6" with whatever key you want to bind your centercam key to.

Code:
bind 6 "analog off; cam_speed max; wait 1; cam_speed 0.25; analog on"

Basically it turns your analog camera off and gives the game enough time to center the camera behind Sonic before turning analog back on. :)

Thanks buddy, what a quick and top answer : you make my day ! :)
This feature make the gameplay close to perfection.
-> Do you know why the command is erased from cfg every time I close the game ?!

For people who like playing witheout wasting time with configuration I suggest to try my pad customisation settings : https://www.mediafire.com/?3wnbn33rcpg8jcs
It's compatible PS3/4 360/One gamepads you have nothing to change, only little work to do with xpadder (or at least joytokey) :
5DCUypa.png

Commands
Select/Back : Esc (back in menu)
Start : Pause
Left Stick : Move character
Right Stick : Move camera
R3 : Center camera (behin character & center view)
L1/LB : First person mode
Dpad : camera in first person mode (choose menu)
R1/RB : Brake
L2/LT : Move camera left
R2/RT : Move camera right
Cross/A : Jump (accept in menu)
Square/X : Spin

Pretty nice ajustment, isn't it ? :)

Do you know why the command is erased from cfg every time I close the game?!

You can put it in your autoexec.cfg, and it will be present every time you start the game. If you don't have that file (you probably don't), you can just create a new text file and change the extension.

Yeah, but config.cfg is frequently rewritten by the game to store your game's current settings and controls etc, so it can't be used to store other commands like your bind. That's why you have to use autoexec.cfg instead for running extra commands at game startup.

(For that matter, it's also why custom variables with CV_SAVE made with Lua absolutely fail at keeping their saved value in config.cfg. Particularly when you play a mod with such a variable defined, then go on to play another mod WITHOUT it or just plain SRB2, causing you to lose its saved value from the file)

Last edited:
Yeah, but config.cfg is frequently rewritten by the game to store your game's current settings and controls etc, so it can't be used to store other commands like your bind. That's why you have to use autoexec.cfg instead for running extra commands at game startup.

(For that matter, it's also why custom variables with CV_SAVE made with Lua absolutely fail at keeping their saved value in config.cfg. Particularly when you play a mod with such a variable defined, then go on to play another mod WITHOUT it or just plain SRB2, causing you to lose its saved value from the file)

You some mods who enhance graphics (or some more good songs :) ) or addons etc. ? I was looking on forums but there is too much mod, addons etc than I'm lost. ^^

Last edited:
It's not a linedef that should be used in in-level sectors, so that's not necessarily a point of objection. The forcing of it to be a specific angle/length is more intrusive.

But it is used on an FOF's sector, isn't it? And last I knew, FOF control linedefs can affect FOF texture alignment.

Would it be possible to implement a Lua hook that adds a thinker to each player by running only for certain skin names? Something like:
Code:
addHook("PlayerAbility", function(player)
    //Body code
end, "sonic")
This would make Lua abilities more efficient, as the game won't have to iterate through every player and check for the skin unnecessarily for every single player-oriented ThinkFrame and MobjThinker hook—it'd only have to iterate once and run the abilities per player based on his/her skin.

It would be really nice if there was some WallCollide function that also returns the line that you just hit. That or it already exists and I'm just dumb.

I have a proposal.

What if you made it so a base version of the pallete was stored to memory, and then a copy of it was made available for editing as the game needs, would this make secondary color remaps possible?

Just wanted to have another chance of talking about stuff that could be done for the netcode to be more bearable.
Last time I tried suggesting to send $$$.sav over instead of resynching a handful of player variables when the game desynchs (which won't work at all if the synch isn't caused by the player to begin with), I was basically rejected because, well, you might as well rejoin.
The thing with getting kicked out for synch because that kid from accross the world that didn't know 720 ms ping was bad joined, is that you lose everything you worked up to, when you rejoin, you're back to 0 points, 0 lives, and all your in level progress is gone.

I mean, if nothing's gonna be done for better resynching, please at least incorporate the likes of keepstuff.lua IN VANILLA, something that respawns players that had synched out with their rings, score, lives at the last starpost they hit in a level if they do rejoin. It would honestly make the whole netgame thing a lot more bearable since getting kicked out for bad synching wouldn't mean losing everything.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back