Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It literally looks like some textures from a random enemy were slapped over Sonic's default body textures. I think changing Sonic's fur colour, cuffs, and shoes are good enough.

Last edited:
I think just changing Sonic's fur colour is enough, honestly.

Assuming the colours are saturated enough, it might be okay, but the cuffs and shoe colours definitely help with telling the Sonics apart (and are the most noticeable difference between the default and red Sonics from Brawl).

Assuming the colours are saturated enough, it might be okay,
Well, looking at Sonic's page... I think it seems saturated enough.

but the cuffs and shoe colours definitely help with telling the Sonics apart (and are the most noticeable difference between the default and red Sonics from Brawl).
Maybe so, but I'd any day prefer a green Sonic without coloured cuffs and shoes over a green Sonic with coloured cuffs and shoes. I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl (and all characters in it, not big surprise), and there I have to say the changes to Sonic between his colours are really minimal, and Nintendo got drunk or something when they made his colours.

There are no recolours in any of Sonic's screenshots so I don't see how you can tell if the recolours'...well...colours are saturated enough.
I'm basing my guess upon Sonic's enough-saturated blue colour. And if it isn't, Nintendo could saturate it more (or less) for some colours.

I'm basing my guess upon Sonic's enough-saturated blue colour. And if it isn't, Nintendo could saturate it more (or less) for some colours.

Sonic_Palette_%28SSBB%29.png

Remember Brawl Sonic who has literally the same colour fur as his SSB4 colour?

-image- Remember Brawl Sonic who has literally the same colour fur as his SSB4 colour?
Remember I'm talking about I'd like if they'd mainly change his fur colour in Super Smash Bros. 4 instead of minimally changing his fur colour like in Brawl? They can change how they colour colours in the new game compared to Brawl, and I hope they do for Sonic.

Sonic's late edition to brawl was most likely a contributing factor to his shitty recolors.

There's currently a demo out on the Japanese eShop, for those who have a Japanese 3DS for whatever reason.
It provides:
5 characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, Mega Man
1 Stage: Battlefield(and its FD form)
Local and solo play
2-minute timed matches only

It has 30 uses.

Engage hype thrusters. Someone on NeoGAF is finally for real leaking the game. They had proof it was real. No pictures minus the game cart and character select yet.

There's a reason: we'd rather forget such things. That outfit was hideous then and it's way more hideous now.

to the costume's credit, trying to just map cybernetic gear onto an anthropormorphic hedgehog's polygons as a simple texture hack is a really bad idea. i'm sure the costume could look pretty cool if it was given its own model instead of being a mere texture reskin.

it would also look pretty out of place in ssb because why is sonic in cyber gear

Ness being possibly confirmed is cool and all, but you're missing the big picture.

Sonic finally has an actual blue alt. palette. No more confusing the red and default skins as each other when playing team battles.

Also Pac-man has shwings

The demo is out on the eShop in the U.S., but only to Platinum level Club Nintendo members.

I've got the demo, and it's pretty great. Only complaint is that the assist trophies look weird running in 30 fps, and it's taking me a long time to get used to L being grab/throw and R being block. I always had it the opposite way in Melee and Brawl.

Would any of you guys happen to have an NA demo code? I really want to play T-T

EDIT: WOO! I just got one off the r/3ds giveaway thread O_O. I can't believe it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back