[Open Assets] SA2B ALMOST FINAL MD2 VERSION [SA2SONIC.md2]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

kPLIpKZ.png

Oh yeah, he is back and better than before! Now some of his animations have been completely changed!
MD2 Coordinates:
3.0 0.0
UPDATE!
Most animations have been changed to be much more accurate and actually look like SOME effort was put into them!
Download it already!

Attachments

• SA2BIGIMPROVEMENT.rar
    233.8 KB · Views: 5,118
Last edited:
There are no glaring issues with this that need fixing. So into releases you go.

However I will note that there are some oddities you should look into fixing.
The jumping animation is very jumpy and it makes it look strange, although this is my opinion.
The running animation's body is very static for what you'd expect from running. Again, my opinion.
There's no real end sign for this.
The MD2 is lacking super transformation frames.

That's all I saw from using it that could be updated.

There are no glaring issues with this that need fixing. So into releases you go.

However I will note that there are some oddities you should look into fixing.
The jumping animation is very jumpy and it makes it look strange, although this is my opinion.
The running animation's body is very static for what you'd expect from running. Again, my opinion.
There's no real end sign for this.
The MD2 is lacking super transformation frames.

That's all I saw from using it that could be updated.

I had forgotten to add super transformation frames, I will fix that soon. I will also see if I can merge the SA2B Super Sonic Model and have him only show in the super animations. I couldn't find a way to make the running animation look good and not silly when it wasn't static, so I decided to make it static. Also, I never tested the MD2 on 2.1.7 or 2.1.8, but I will fix the jump animation. I submitted this MD2 before the increased polycount arrived, and at that time I was unsure of the current polycount, so I tried as hard as i could to make sure I didn't make the polycount too high. That's why there is no real end sign. I am going to fix all of these soon.

Terra said:
MD2 Coordinates:
3.0 0.0
Don't you mean "3 0"? You know, the .0 is completely useless, unless it would be something other than .0 (like .5, .1, .05, or something). Am I really the only living being to know that? I don't understand. Just letting you know.

Don't you mean "3 0"? You know, the .0 is completely useless, unless it would be something other than .0 (like .5, .1, .05, or something). Am I really the only living being to know that? I don't understand. Just letting you know.

Because it's simpler, more common and less confusing for new members if we just use 3.0 0.0 instead of 3 0 0.0. If someone decides to use 3 0 instead of 3.0, new members will probably be confused on which one to use.

Because it's simpler, more common and less confusing for new members if we just use 3.0 0.0 instead of 3 0 0.0. If someone decides to use 3 0 instead of 3.0, new members will probably be confused on which one to use.

No no, he means simply 3 0 instead of 3.0 0.0. So in the md2 dat it would say:
Sonic md2name.md2 3 0
Instead of
Sonic md2name.md2 3.0 0.0

But as sonicfan 20- I mean, Terrrrrra said, it's more simpler. You sorta get used to use decimals, even when there isn't a tenth or hundredth or whateverth place, when doing anything with models because of how much decimals are included.

No no, he means simply 3 0 instead of 3.0 0.0. So in the md2 dat it would say:
Sonic md2name.md2 3 0
Instead of
Sonic md2name.md2 3.0 0.0

But as sonicfan 20- I mean, Terrrrrra said, it's more simpler. You sorta get used to use decimals, even when there isn't a tenth or hundredth or whateverth place, when doing anything with models because of how much decimals are included.
Okay. Everyone except me's decision. Though I'm personally going to stick with 2 0 rather than 3.0 0.0 (since 2 Blender Units = 1 SRB2 FracUnit, and I like modelling in Blender, and it's easier for me to know exactly how big a model is, since I like... well, modelling SRB2 items from scratch, with their in-game sprite as reference. Damn, I revealed one of my I'm-bored things).

Okay, I recommend making the animations actually look GOOD! All of the animations except running look like a rushed jumble of garbage.

Okay, I recommend making the animations actually look GOOD! All of the animations except running look like a rushed jumble of garbage.

How about you try to make your own MD2 and try to make good animations? You won't be able to do it with that kind of intelligence. Also, it's not criticism more than it is bashing it without telling me what to improve.

Don't be handing out that kind of criticism (if you could even call it that) when the stuff you make is equally as bad. Besides, how about you try making an MD2 and seeing how hard it is to get everything right?

That's the point. You made nothing but some badly drawn pictures of Sonic characters that need to be improved before you can even show it anywhere. Especially with their almost non-existant eyes and their Little Big Planet proportions. Make an MD2 and I bet it will suck horribly, so don't try to bash people's work without giving any criticism on how to improve it.

Besides all of the bashing on a guy that has difficulty criticizing other people's work without knowing how bad his own work is, have you looked up the actual animations from SA2B?

Also, the model doesn't seem to have it's textures... Just like Virt's Models... interesting...

Besides that, the Running Animation isn't at it's best look. I'd suggest that instead it could looks similar to SA2B Sonic's Actual Run. I'm not sure if the running animations are purely custom or not. but honestly it just looks disorienting to see a big hedgehog run through greenflower with that awkward animation. That's what's honestly bugging me.

Besides all of the bashing on a guy that has difficulty criticizing other people's work without knowing how bad his own work is, have you looked up the actual animations from SA2B?

Also, the model doesn't seem to have it's textures... Just like Virt's Models... interesting...

Besides that, the Running Animation isn't at it's best look. I'd suggest that instead it could looks similar to SA2B Sonic's Actual Run. I'm not sure if the running animations are purely custom or not. but honestly it just looks disorienting to see a big hedgehog run through greenflower with that awkward animation. That's what's honestly bugging me.

You're definitely doing something wrong if you aren't seeing the textures.
Also, he was bashing ME, and you're just defending him with an excuse saying he has "difficulty criticizing other people's work" when clearly he was just bashing it without giving any support or advice on how to fix it.

This isn't the finished product of this MD2 AT ALL, the animations dont fit to SA2.

Yes, they don't fit to SA2. Virt's Sonic Colors model animations doesn't fit to Sonic Colors either. You don't need to replicate the animations from the game it came from for it to be good.

UPDATE!
Most animations have been changed to be much more accurate and actually look like effort was put into them! Get it on the attachment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back