Water sinking through an FOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

blm768

I've been working on a level design that involves a large, water-filled room with floating platforms. After a switch is pressed, the water level drops. I've got all the linedef executors working properly, but I need help with the colormap. Originally, I had the platform FOFs floating inside the water FOF, but the colormap would vanish under the platforms unless I also tagged the platforms with the colormap. Everything worked until the water retracted; the colormap stuck to the bottoms of the platforms after the water left, and I can't find a way to remove colormaps with linedef executors.
I tried splitting the water FOFs into two over and under the solid platforms, but to keep the water surface flats from appearing on the platforms, I'll have to replace them with the platform's flats until the water reaches the flats' level and then switch them back to the water surface so I don't have floor-textured water, which would be quite strange. I think I can get it to work, but I'd rather not deal with such a big mess of executors and tags. Is there some simpler way to get the water to recede through the platforms without artifacts? Tidal Palace Zone seems to manage it, but I'm not sure how...

The best way to accomplish this would just be to switch the FOFs from Linedef Type 100 to Linedef Type 101, which removes their shadow, including any colormap changes below them. That way, the areas under them will automatically look like water if they're underwater and like land if they're not.

The best way to accomplish this would just be to switch the FOFs from Linedef Type 100 to Linedef Type 101, which removes their shadow, including any colormap changes below them. That way, the areas under them will automatically look like water if they're underwater and like land if they're not.

That makes things so much easier. Thanks!

I just ran into a new problem. For some reason, when the water is above the platforms, they change the colormap beneath them even though they're set as Linedef Type 101. The problem only happens in OpenGL mode, so it's probably an SRB2 bug. Maybe I should report it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back