Ability2: Swap Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
As some of you may know, I'm making a mod, and I was wondering if it would be possible to SOC an ability2 (spindash) where you send something, say a Remote Robot, out into the level to reach places you can't reach by yourself. Would that be possible? You would control it manually, BTW.

Unfortunately, SOC lacks the ability to directly interpret player input, and there is no way to make the camera follow an object other than the player. Unless you wanted to do something like say, have the player turn into the remote robot(which would then look and act exactly like the player unless you set up some kind of script to change skin and/or scale, which would probably affect every player) while an object that looks like the normal player stands around, this isn't really possible.

It'd be nice if such thing'll be avialable once the character system gets unerfed... Also, Virt, your making a mod... a character... MD2's...
Yup! Definatly not multitasking again *shot 'cause I didn't stay in my own business*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back