Windows Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent_Snipe said:
Basically if srb2db gets an error on vista, vista will automatically close the program.

To keep it from a bigger error from happening right? Kinda like the computer freezing.

?

Guys, Vista is not high end. A Celeron computer running at 2.6Ghz ran it fine, with 1.25GB of RAM. Compatibility problems are few and far between - and it's generally not Microsoft's fault if a program doesn't work with it.

OpenGL works fine.

I used Vista for about a year. Only reason I'm using XP again is because that copy of Vista was literally a copy - I didn't feel good about using a pirated OS.

My computer had 1GB RAM, an Athlon 3500+, and a Geforce 7600GT - your average desktop computer these days has a dual core CPU, 2GB RAM and an 8400GT or something laong those lines.

You don't have to spend a ton of money to get Vista to run. If it runs like crap, then either disable Aero or upgrade your computer.

One more time, 1GB RAM is smooth, 2GB is great, single core CPU is more than enough, dual core is pretty much standard these days, and a dedicated graphics card (Which can be as cheap as £30, come on!) can run Aero.

I found that Vista ran faster than XP. Only copy/paste/delete operations were slower - and that has apparently been fixed with Service Pack 1.

Vista really isn't the black plague everyone makes it to be.

It runs perfectly fine on my current pc (faster than xp) but there are some compatibility issues with it, for example sonic r wont even run on vista.

Monster Iestyn said:
Sonic R doesn't even run on XP, let alone Vista.
I disagree, my version of sonic R works fine on XP
Anyway I would advise you to not get vista, Tried it and hated it.

Monster Iestyn said:
Sonic R doesn't even run on XP, let alone Vista, right? That's one of the reasons I've still got my old ME.
Really? Sonic R has run for me, and I'm on XP. Also, you should totally upgrade from Milennium Edition to Windows 2000. It'll cut your blue-screen per day per year percentage down from 78% to around one, with all the (un)compatibility of ME.

Actually I use XP, not ME. I still have my ME, even though I rarely use it nowadays.

EDIT: Maybe I've just got a version of Sonic R that doesn't work on XP... the music doesn't even work in the game, but I don't really care.

Silent_Snipe said:
It runs perfectly fine on my current pc (faster than xp) but there are some compatibility issues with it, for example sonic r wont even run on vista.
Sonic R is a 16-bit game, while Vista has no 16-bit support.

Vista =/= 16-bit

Correction, Sonic R is a 32-bit Saturn Title ported over to supported 32-bit PC Operating systems. It's not 16-bit at all, unless you're referring to the optional 16-bit color graphics in the PC version. I can't tell if you're referring to computer architecture or graphics, so correct me if I'm wrong. :P

I'm...using vista to type this post. It has a few bugs, but it's fine if you use firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back