The Absolutely Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack

What about renaming the OGG and MP3 folders and add the FLUIDR3 to better differentiate them since we now have the OPL3 and this may be good for future rendered soundfonts choices, maybe ?

What about renaming the OGG and MP3 folders and add the FLUIDR3 to better differentiate them since we now have the OPL3 and this may be good for future rendered soundfonts choices, maybe ?
Good idea. Just did that. (I don't think I'm going to edit the post anymore, maybe just a little reminder to check up on the latest posts?)

Must have been a Sonic Doom 2 Leftover then. The early versions of SRB2 did have leftovers from the doom mod, and for some reason, sprites for sonic using a chain saw.

Pffhahahaha.. it was actually an Easter Egg for playing as Tails that never got finished. Go watch Pokemon Soccer again. :)

I thought the "Egg Satellite" song was actually the one for "Mystic Realm"? Unless it was originally not for that...

I thought the "Egg Satellite" song was actually the one for "Mystic Realm"? Unless it was originally not for that...

I could be wrong because I've never done a full Mystic Realm playthrough, but I'm fairly certain all the special stage music comes from Mystic Realm.

Pretty much, with the only exception being Dusty Wasteland which uses the early Arid Canyon music.

Pffhahahaha.. it was actually an Easter Egg for playing as Tails that never got finished. Go watch Pokemon Soccer again. :)
that's what that was for? Man I saw pokemon soccer and was still unable to make the connection. To be honest, when I first found the sprites, I thought they were meant for Commander Keen since he has a skin tone that is that white.

how was the easter egg suppose to work anyway?

Oh my god, thank you
Having this midi has been a dream of mine for so long,
I can't thank you enough,
I'm so happy right now lol!!!
Been experimenting with the VST's
"live" feel remixes with Superior Drummer 3

Last edited:
Ok so first of this is awesome to have all the MIDIs piled up together like this, so good job on that.
Only gripe I have is that the versions of Mine Maze you have are inconsistent. There's 2 versions of each act's theme that exist, one which I assume was an earlier version that just does the intro medley and loops the bass / square riff until the song loops (like your rip of act 2), and another version that has the full medley after the intro (like your rip of act 1).

I can upload the missing rips those if you'd like, alongside a handful of MIDIS from the now defunct Digital Serenade Zone that were made with XG cards in mind.

Hmm...

I'm curious, would you guys be interested in me going through the trouble to put together an Absolutely Complete OGG Soundtrack? (Obviously, it would be much, much smaller, but it'll have its treats as usual)

Huh... do they differ in any way from the Official MP3 Soundtrack?

Yes, if you didnt know, WAV have better quality in general but they have larger file sizes. A high quality MP3(320) compared to a 16bit WAV(normal quality) is where it gets a bit hazy since they both sound very similar.

Also based on what you said eailer you wanted smaller file sizes so i would recommend recording in high quality MP3.

Yes, if you didnt know, WAV have better quality in general but they have larger file sizes. A high quality MP3(320) compared to a 16bit WAV(normal quality) is where it gets a bit hazy since they both sound very similar.

Also based on what you said eailer you wanted smaller file sizes so i would recommend recording in high quality MP3.
Just after posting my initial reply I realized that the WAV recordings likely wouldn't differ in any way other than being the highest quality versions of those tracks possible. But yes, I probably should've considered that before my original post.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back