New Oddworld Games Confirmed! No release dates, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
http://www.destructoid.com/new-oddworld-games-confirmed--179082.phtml said:
Recently a Twitter account for put-upon Mudokon Abe was discovered, leading some of us to believe that a new Oddworld game was being teased. Well ... it was! Just Add Water, the studio behind Gravity Crash, is working on a brand new game set in the Oddworld universe. Is this awesome? Yes it is!

Just Add Water confirmed that it was working with the Oddworld Inhabitants folk on "multiple projects, across multiple platforms" and they'll be "starring all of your favorite Oddworld characters." Even better, series creator Lorne Lanning is on board with the project, hopefully guaranteeing that the classic Oddworld style remains intact!

That's all we know for now, although the PS Nation podcast will apparently have some more juicy gossip tonight. This is quite possibly the best news ever, and speaking as a hardcore fan of the original Oddworld games, I could not be happier to hear this news. Effing marvelous!
[Via Just Add Water's blog]

There are both of the links for you to look at for proof.

My opinions? I've always loved the Oddworld series, especially Munch. It's been years since another Oddworld was released. I'm anticipationg this by insane amounts, I love Oddworld, but I can't play Munch or Strangers Wrath because I don't have my original XBOX any more.

Your opinions?

I never played much of the other Oddworld games other than Abe's Oddysee on PSX. Fun though, but when I wanted to emulate it, it was a complete mindfuck. Hopefully JAW makes sure this stays in cahoots with the classics.

A pit in my stomach was deeply afraid that this series was going to be discontinued. I am very happy to hear that they are updating the series! I've played every Oddworld game up to date, except the third installment on the Xbox.

If this game comes out, I am GOING TO GET IT. Noone can stop me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back