• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest thing about that model is that it feels right.

lol ikr?

Anyways, to see what it looks compared to the sprite, and to show exactly what I mean on the parts I need to fix up, here is a little comparison:

I guess while making the model I used a bit more of a 'sonic-like' style to it, but now after seeing the comparison actually infront of me, I might change the facial structure entierly to fit the character more faithfully.

As you can see, the muzzle on my model is too tall, and too narrow compared to the sprites. The hat needs a little opening for his hair thingy-ma-bobby to pop out of, and his pants in my model look a bit 'formal'...it was easier when he wore cream's outfit.

lol ikr?

Anyways, to see what it looks compared to the sprite, and to show exactly what I mean on the parts I need to fix up, here is a little comparison:

I guess while making the model I used a bit more of a 'sonic-like' style to it, but now after seeing the comparison actually infront of me, I might change the facial structure entierly to fit the character more faithfully.

As you can see, the muzzle on my model is too tall, and too narrow compared to the sprites. The hat needs a little opening for his hair thingy-ma-bobby to pop out of, and his pants in my model look a bit 'formal'...it was easier when he wore cream's outfit.
The only thing that don't fit me that his clothes fells so blocky.

i'm actually crying why

Jasper has always had inconsistencies in how I've drawn him at different angles, especially the muzzle. The muzzle on the sprite mostly changes just to make it look good at wherever the camera is facing rather than being accurately proportioned. Also, Jasper's bill does this thing where it always faces the camera, which can be easily seen if you look at the bill on every rotation.

Crying? How so?

Or in the offensive way? Blame my conversation with larztard/lizard for this model :P.
But yeah, I love making random things with models, which is how this picture came to be:

godofdestruction_by_ordomandalore-d7vdvem.png

That picture was made actually by me testing jasper's facial expressions, to see just how flexiable it is when it comes to making the frames based off the sprites.

But in all seriousness, xkower/toxicflower, is this better?:

And @Jasper;
Thats one of that hard parts on the model, the muzzle. I'm basing it off the front sprite right now, but also trying to include bits of the side sprite. While looking at the model now, it still doesn't fully look like the front sprite, but it does hold many similarities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back