• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to post more progress.

However, final level & boss are supposed to be a surprise, I feel like I've given the hub enough spotlight, and everything else I might've consider putting here is stuff tasked to other people that I do not want to show or mention in case they don't approve.

But, hey, if y'all want some more hub, I don't see any reason to say no!

baf63d0ac2.png

Welcome to the Joestar Manor shop! Here, Shadow the Hedgehogs (pural) like to sell you useful items, in return for some Emerald Tokens they can practice Chaos Control with. Why is there so many Shadows? Some invaluable life questions can just never be answered, my friend. (Not until release day, at least!)

aaee47469f.gif

There are a lot of things to purchase here, anything from extra lives, shields, invincibility, speed sneakers, a randomizer powerup, and even Chaos Emeralds to skip an Emerald Stage! What the shop has in stock will change every time you beat a new level, so be sure to check back often. If an item gets held in your single inventory slot, then it'll be activated as soon as you enter a level that allows items. Of course, nothing here is required to progress (you can even disable shopping for the entire server by turning on sugoi_noshop in the console), but it might make your life easier to visit when you have some Emerald Tokens to spare.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be practicing my piano skills.
Holy shit that SonicFreak94/Donnyku Shadow sprite brings back MEMORIES
I always had a lot of fun with SA2-SHADOW
You've made me love this project even more X3

Happy Independence Day! As I've made it clear with that title screen screenshot, SUBARASHII will be releasing in July! I know, right? I will not be able to release today as I had secretly hoped, but do know that the work I needed to do on SUBARASHII is all done! What's the hold up? The remaining work is really cool additional endgame content being developed by other people, which I'm really hoping to include! Regardless, you can expect to see SUBARASHII in the supermarket of addons (normal people call it Releases) towards the end of the month. Neat! But I think more screenshots and news is even more neat, yeah? Here's one last, kinda minor content update post before release.

Emerald Stages are a huge, new addition to SUBARASHII's progression system, yet I realize I haven't talked about them all that much! Seven levels are in their own little section that is unlocked at the start. However, each level in it requires one Emerald Token to attempt it! Beating the stage will give you both a Chaos Emerald and an Emblem. If you find one of these stages to be too difficult however, you can buy its Chaos Emerald in the shop, but it'll be at an extremely inflated price, and it doesn't give you its Emblem.
osPxNrA.png

Are you the kind of person who finds the threat of losing lives in levels that are unrelated to each other stupid? I've got the thing for you! Turn on "sugoi_nolives" in the console, and infinite lives mode will be activated. It doesn't cause the game to be modified, so don't worry about losing your progress over how you may prefer your games!
x2zhfsb.png

Did you know? I'm completely nuts! So, I made sure most of the game is split-screen mode compatible, and added support for it myself on even the Lua-heavy levels. If you're that one weird guy who likes to play SRB2 splitscreen, then hopefully SUBARASHII won't disappoint you!
VyzoLmM.png

After beating the game with all Chaos Emeralds, you will unlock Marathon Mode. This is an extra time attack mode, where you play all of the levels, back to back, without any of that hub level fluff. After the credits, your final time will be displayed. Marathon Mode is only for bragging rights and fun-times, so if you don't think you have the patience for it, do not fret, it doesn't give you anything. Are you able to beat my best time?
Ui6pqeW.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyways, uh, moving on... turns out there were a lot of entries and emblems! Couple months back I gave exact numbers, but that became outdated a while afterwards, so here's a run down of some statistics:
  • There are 45 total maps, not counting the hub or any of the extras! 7 of those are Emerald Stages, so you'll go through 38 of them in Marathon Mode.
  • A lot of emblems, about 188 to collect in all! It took me about 20 hours to get them all, according to the game! (I'll probably try to round it out to 190 before release :p)
  • Beating the game normally (going straight to final boss after getting enough emblems) can take around an hour if you know what you're doing!
3bN6Ns6.png

Hope to see you experiencing this match made over heaven soon!

Wait..... you actually got my purple emblem?!

Uh. Anyways Its looking soo good! I cant wait for it to release and for everyone to play!

188 emblems. That's a lot of fine content I'm hype for! Can't wait for it to release!

Did you cheat with the wad editors to find them emblems or did you get them legit??

I've gotten them all legitimately when it was 170 emblems, but needing to reorganize the emblem order every time I have to add emblems means there's some emblems I didn't have to get and others I had to get again. I plan on starting from scratch before release and getting them all again, though; it's definitely doable.

Exciting!! And the splitscreen compatibility is absolutely nuts. Why did you even???

Exciting!! And the splitscreen compatibility is absolutely nuts. Why did you even???
Probably because some people (me and a friend of mine, for example) enjoy playing splitscreen in Sonic Robo Blast 2, and that I voiced my opinion about how I felt about having to go through lots of levels all over again each time I'd reboot SRB2 and play SUGOI in splitscreen in order to reach the levels me and my friend reached last time, giving TehRealSalt a lot of "remind-ness" about splitscreen's existence and viability for a level pack like this. (By the way, yes, I approve of the splitscreen support that's been shown.)

Splitscreen is a lot more popular than a lot of people around here think, I suspect. It's not perfect or anything but if you can set up the controls comfortably for both players it's pretty good at what it does.

The progression system still has the issue where you can't save, unfortunately. There's not much I can do about that. I actually completely forgot about your complaint, I just always had a fondness for splitscreen mode and a fondness for supporting Fucking Everything :p

However, if you go to the hub before starting a server, you will carry your SP progress to multiplayer, which makes it easier to host the later parts of the game. I'm also trying to work on IO-save files for SP & splitscreen if you're using PlusC, but I'm having trouble finding a good way to encrypt them so I can't guarantee it'll happen.

However, if you go to the hub before starting a server, you will carry your SP progress to multiplayer.

Im sort of confused... So go into the hub in singleplayer then exit, start up your server and that'll carry over your SP progress

Or

Some other way?

-Stuff that I did read, but snipped out to keep the quote and post shorter-
What about just checking if one is playing in singleplayer, and if not, open up the doors to all levels? Or a command that's considered a "cheat" which also opens all the doors? Either way, I'll be okay with work-arounds if we won't get one of those things or something else.

As for the I/O support, it does sound nice enough (if it gets implemented)... but you have to remember, even if you make it encrypt save files, if people want to cheat, they will cheat, even if they may have to open the Wad and disable the encryption to edit it, or force it to save specific values for things or other such things.

chi pointed me towards a simple encryption function by RedEnchilada after I made that post, so IO saves are definitely happening now. The encryption method is pretty simple, but frankly, if you know how to reverse it and want to cheat, good for you, I don't care. Just trying to make children that don't know how it works cry :p

Removing the encryption or changing how it saves would make your WAD different from everyone else's and unable to join servers too, so it's got that going for it~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back