• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mount Torval Act 1

S4yo6Jx4wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

attachment.php

Here is the Level Picture:

attachment.php

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue9gv3yskrqc147/MountTorval.wad?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue9gv3yskrqc147/MountTorval.wad?dl=0
Title: Mount Torval Act 1
Credits: The Textures Belong to SRB2, Myself.
Maintainer Notes: This Level is a 3D, Normal level. This is the first map i created.
This the first level i created in SRB2, Bothered by something in my level? Criticise It, So i can fix any issues.

Edit: Ready and Fixed!

Attachments

• srb20036.png
    srb20036.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 1,367
  • srb20051.png
    srb20051.png
    66 KB · Views: 922
Last edited:
dropbox link isn't working Boo

S4yo6Jx4wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

This the first level i created in SRB2, Bothered by something in my level? Criticise It, so i can improve it while i polish my level, before act 2

Edit: Does it Work Now
...Wow.
Design-wise, this is one of the better entries I've seen. The enemies fit the theme, you used powerful enemies in moderation (good one with the Jetty-Syn Gunners) and have some emblems to top it off.
The zone has been, however, ruined for me...
Issues)
1) Some ring patterns are uneven. This is easily fixed by using the Grid Snap Yes tool.
2) After the first checkpoint, there is an enormous amount of Hall Of Mirrors and collision issues. After the first lake after that checkpoint, it gets better but the graphics still get weird. I have NO IDEA how to fix this. It may be due to your linedef configs, etc... but the best thing to do is ask a professional. I'm no map fixer. I'm a spotter of areas for improvement, a fan of this game and a guy who entered their first map into SUBARASHII. I'll definitely try again if this can be fixed because right now the map isn't beatable .-.

Originally Posted by Aquatic Hinote

After the first checkpoint, there is an enormous amount of Hall Of Mirrors and collision issues. After the first lake after that checkpoint, it gets better but the graphics still get weird. I have NO IDEA how to fix this. It may be due to your linedef configs, etc... but the best thing to do is ask a professional.

I noticed it also but i couldnt fix it, can anyone help me with this problem, this could ruin my chance to participate in SUGOI 2.

Boo, I can't even load your level. The Launcher or game is saying the wad file is invalid. I think the file is corrupted.

Scratch that, it was just a bad download at first. a redownload fixed my one of my issues.

But you should not make your testers hunt down your level's number

Last edited:
Originally Posted By Glaber
But you should not make your testers hunt down your level's number

Sorry, but im just new at this and i dont know what to do about my Level issue.

Ok, There were a few problems i forgot to tell you.

1. When you open the level and draw or edit something it fixes all issues.

2. But When You Save and then Try it again, you will see the issues returned.

So yeah its not fixed.

you loaded mounttorvalplayable.wad, right?

Ok, now I just tried it and what in the world?! I thought I fixed it!

Ok, I can't get the issue fixed, as a result, if you can't either, the stage may have to be cut.

Last edited:
OK, when i deleted one of the final sectors the issue was fixed.
I restarted the map and the issue's gone.

I fixed the issue!(I should stop typing issue so much)

Edit: Il submit the fixed Act later

Last edited:
Hello! :) I played the original SUGOI and was blown away, I think its amazing. I saw that another SUGOI was being set up on about the 17th and thought this was the perfect time to learn how to make a map. It wasn't quite as impossible as I thought it was. Sorry about the late submission, but it's completeable:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xehtvxre862aocx/sunlitcavern.wad?dl=0
Title: Sunlit Cavern
Credits: None
Maintainer Notes: I'm having trouble implementing emblems into the map, but I will definitely get those done by the 31st. I will also attempt to polish and improve it by then, so if you have any feedback/criticism I'd love to hear it. Emblems are in, this is most likely the final version. I'm looking forward to playing all of your maps in the finished pack! EDIT: I forgot the level select picture, that's in now too.

Screenshots:
TORpqR7.png
ajvyX51.png
Also, I hope everyone who celebrated had a merry Christmas! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back