SRB2 Sage 2000 Remake

dannon

What was originally a hoax became much more.
(Compatible with Christmas 0.96, as to be accurate to the original.)
Trailer in the YouTube link below:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ghkcSmIfA)

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Please note that it's still unfinished.

Well... Let's talk about progress.

There were actually a ton of things that just made development of this mod very difficult, like the fact that it was the first major mod that I was doing, but the biggest one was this issue with fences and SRB2 Xmas 0.96, If you know anything about fences in SRB2, the handles are floating platforms (Which is something that versions of SRB2 before Demo 1 didn't have) So after getting numerous failed attempts and even asking SSNTails a few times for assistance, Dannon had enough of working on a mod for Xmas, and decided that he would manually tweak the source code to have floating platforms, while I made a wad for it, basically, the mod had to start over from Scratch and is technically not a mod anymore, or (would) not be a mod. You see, after February which was when that conversation was had Dannon pretty much stopped contacting me about the remake and then completely stopped talking to me for months to this day, and wouldn't give me any updates. He could return at any moment, but it's been a while and the remake seems like old news now, I don't actively work on it anymore, and until Dannon comes back or there's a solution to our issue, progress cannot go forward. But there is some good news, a few weeks ago, I saw a texture trick that can fake floating platforms, so I might try that out and see if it works on the fences.

Attachments

• SRB2016.png
    SRB2016.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 405
  • SRB2018.png
    SRB2018.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 175
  • SRB2020.png
    SRB2020.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 267
hey a random idea but maybe make some fan made mockup of how others level that we actually have would have been on it BUT adapted to this srb2 version gameplay

in my opinion, if your gonna make something like that you should make a full on campaign that takes the earliest ideas from srb2 and combines them into one game, such as some of the zone ideas from the demos that were dropped or 1.5 levels, so on so on

Hi, everyone! The mod has been more or less completed. It should soon be released.
Awesome! Just a question, because this is based off of the Sage 2000 SRB2, will this have the bad momentum from 2.0 (-)? (If your jumping/on a spring and go fast, you cannot move your character unless you have slowed down)
Otherwise I would love to play this mod, I wish you luck on release!

Awesome! Just a question, because this is based off of the Sage 2000 SRB2, will this have the bad momentum from 2.0 (-)? (If your jumping/on a spring and go fast, you cannot move your character unless you have slowed down)
Otherwise I would love to play this mod, I wish you luck on release!
Its on Xmas 96 how That Version have the 2.0 Momentum

I added "(-)" meaning the momentum is in 2.0 and before.
Though, I'm not exactly sure if the momentum happens in Xmas but I am assuming because it's like this in final demo & 2.0.
Actually, I think Xmas 0.96 is in its own league entirely. Springs have different results depending on how you land on them, the thok drifts you at times, etc. You should expect it to play like Xmas 0.96 since that was the codebase for the SAGE version, so the answer is... probably yes, if you count the physics in XMAS with the versions all the way to 2.0

Momentum is kind of weird in Xmas tbh considering how close it was built after the Halloween version.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back