• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Krabs maps / lua / etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior

Attachments

• srb20057.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 482
  • srb20050.gif
    6 MB · Views: 474
  • srb20053.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Huh, that custom enemy focuses on you, then instantly kills you if you're not touching the ground by the time the chimes finish? That's interesting and murderous.

I must say, this custom enemy of yours looks like a fantastic mechanic for adding tension, and the music fading out as well the chimes fading in is a really nice touch!

Also visuals look great too!

dVwjCPj.png

Not hard enough, gotta add ice physics.

Last edited:
Sorry for the triple-post, but here's another new thing

aOJILKY.gif

lvDc0kt.gif

pvVDl7u.gif

Last edited:
Let's just take a chunk of gfz1 and mirror it and throw in some ctf flags and weapon panels.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

THZ1 ctf
attachment.php

attachment.php

DSZ2 match
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20169.gif
    4 MB · Views: 1,322
  • srb20040.png
    srb20040.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 1,002
  • srb20039.png
    srb20039.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 999
  • srb20042.png
    srb20042.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 956
  • srb20178.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 1,288
  • srb20171.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:
From what I saw from the gif struggling to load, I like the design so far especially the slopes with that diagonal bridge. The texture choice is pretty interesting as well

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Gonna try and release this thing sooner rather than later since it's highly relevant to recent discussions about character movesets. But I'd like to finish my changes to the vanilla 6 first.

Anyway, here's what I made so far:
- Automatically turning forwards when standing still is disabled, even in Standard mode
- Anyone can use abilities even after a spring, or when walking off an edge
- Spin characters can uncurl on the ground and recurl in the air by pressing spin
- After being hurt, all characters can use their air ability after a short delay. Air control is also restored.
- Hitting an enemy or boss restores air abilities

- Sonic's ability is my take on a double jump. It's influenced by the jump thok, momentum flip, cobalt's lua in that one thread, etc. Here's what it does:

• Release movement keys to double jump with no added momentum
  • Alternatively, sonic can jump towards a direction. He'll launch forwards at a minimum speed, and redirect all his momentum towards that direction.
  • Making sharp turns when using the double jump will cause Sonic to lose speed. Stay within 50 degrees of Sonic's current momentum to avoid this penalty. The penalty smoothly increases as the turn gets sharper.
- Additionally, sonic has a unique drop dash

• Drop dash can be charged to lv.2 or lv.3, granting even more speed. A double jump won't give you enough time to charge to lv.2, so get creative by bouncing on enemies or jumping downwards.
  • Sonic can launch in more directions than just towards the camera, similar to Sonic's new double jump
- Tails has a new flight system

• Pressing the jump button lets tails use one of his 3 "extra jumps."
  • Afterwards, he'll hover downwards slowly before quickly getting tired. Tails can begin flying again if he still has at least 1 extra jump left
  • Each extra jump reduces Tails's momentum somewhat. Spinfly is still pretty fast, but definitely nerfed.
  • Since any spin character can ball up midair, this functions as tails's way to cancel flight and go downwards.

Attachments

• srb20034.gif
    srb20034.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,170
  • srb20035.gif
    srb20035.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 887
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 865
  • srb20045.gif
    srb20045.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 855
  • srb20041.gif
    srb20041.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 858
  • srb20042.gif
    srb20042.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 1,172
  • srb20044.gif
    srb20044.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 857
Last edited:
Dropdash with charge levels? Uncurling and Recurling? Hit recovery? Ability refunds? Hell yeah, dude. Not really a fan of the change from blue to cyan in that other gif though. You should try colorized ghosts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back