Resource icon

NiGHTS Battle mode - Battle with NiGHTS physics!

(This is an ABANDONED PROJECT; I will NO LONGER update this WAD. I will still leave it out for those that like this to enjoy.)

Welp.

You all saw it coming.

A NiGHTS Dream Battle mod.

This does not interact with your game progress in any way, but it does add new multiplayer battle levels.

These battle maps are different than the normal battle maps, because they use NiGHTS physics! Catch opponents in your Paraloop to take 5 seconds away from their time! When your timer hits 0, you're OUT. The LAST one to have their timer hit 0 wins!

This level pack was hard to make, but no support is needed. If you DO want to support me, though, the best way to do that is to keep playing the levels. It'll make me happy. Hopefully it'll make you happy too.

To play this pack, extract it from its ZIP folder, then enable the WAD add-on.

Note you can only play this in Match and Team Match mode; these maps are unavailable in Tag and H&S, and the game will immediately finish the level if you play them in a gametype add-on that supports match maps.

V1.0: Initial release. Have fun! (Unqualified, old map)
v1.1: Lowered the Axis Point's rotation number. Hopefully this helps with camera issues. (Unqualified, old map)
V1.2: Gave this wad a COMPLETE overhaul! Removed the old map, and added 7 new maps to play on, representing all 7 main zones respectively! No more going around in a lame circle battling! (Unqualified)
V1.3: FINALLY ADDED MUSIC! Raised Map 6's spawns into the air. Added one last 8th GIANT map for you to try out, representing Black Core/Black Hole. (Unqualified)
V1.4: Fixed the first level's spawns, and turned off the Ambush flag on the Ideya drones. This makes the map explorable in 3D. (Unqualified)
V1.5: Added names to the maps. (Unqualified)
V1.6: Re-added the old map, and named it after Mystic Realm.
V1.7: Added hoops, decoration and skyboxes. Hopefully this removes the emptiness of each level. Adding hoops was antonretrojr's idea. Thanks, man! I'll add the powerups soon, too.

Attachments

• NiGHTS Match Zones (Extract from ZIP to use).zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 335
  • srb20021.jpg
    srb20021.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 290
  • srb20022.jpg
    srb20022.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 254
  • srb20023.jpg
    srb20023.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 211
  • srb20024.jpg
    srb20024.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 213
  • srb20025.jpg
    srb20025.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 234
  • srb20026.jpg
    srb20026.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 187
  • srb20027.jpg
    srb20027.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Well... I guess this will do. As ultra basic as these maps are, I suppose it's a start? I'll let this into releases, but I swear there were issues involving NiGHTS mode and netplay...

Well... I guess this will do. As ultra basic as these maps are, I suppose it's a start? I'll let this into releases, but I swear there were issues involving NiGHTS mode and netplay...

It's okay. I'm learning too. I'll let the updates fall into the others' hands with their reviews. Guys, tell me what needs to be done and I'll do it. These maps may be basic, but things will get more advanced as time passes by. I couldn't start a server because I can't forward my ports, and I could only rely on splitscreen. You guys can create your own maps too, if you want! You might need MULTIPLE ideya drones to get multiple player spawns.

But besides that, I just want to thank all of the mods, the Zone Builder makers and even Sonic Team Jr. themselves, for making SRB2, Zone Builder and this possible. For EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Try adding Hoops or Rings in the next update. This'll speed up the process of the Drill refill.
Speaking off, how about adding hidden items in the circles of Rings? (Such as the mentioned above Drill Refill)

Try adding Hoops or Rings in the next update. This'll speed up the process of the Drill refill.
Speaking off, how about adding hidden items in the circles of Rings? (Such as the mentioned above Drill Refill)

I thought about that... but I don't see any hoops that are not 1-time uses.

Other than this, I will gladly use what I have to my advantage!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back