Ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonicStar*

イㄖㄛㄋㄙㄊ&#
I've wondered when playing super-dbz, can we like have ranks on here by color and picture. Like after a race or ctf, that would seem good pronoucing speed, and or something else. I know it be long but I have all ways wondered this.

Userbar1.PNG

Userbar5.PNG

Userbar6.PNG

Userbar7.PNG

Userbar8.PNG

Userbar9.PNG

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Armonte said:
Yes, I'll take rank 3 *shot by Armonte* Are you gonna use that on your forum?
Yeah. I'm already using them. I take requests also. *shot by torgo*. I have to redo all of them except banned. because the gloss effect isnt that bright

Sounds like a small unimportant detail that would further harm the whole dial-up issue that happens to be the very reason our avatars are so restrictive. The only way I can imagine it working in that regard is if the avatar limits were made even worse than they already are. Oh, and it's a stupid idea. (Also, why the hell are admins Shadow? If anything SuperSonic is the far better choice)

Although I think we may be misinterpreting the first post. If he is in fact referring to a sort of High Score table, I'd like to note that FuriousFox's servers used to do that, back when he actually hosted.

The problem with a ranking system is very apparent in both Kitsunes and Armontes images - they're much more of a status symbol than anything else. The last thing this place needs is any more egocentricity, so why have them in the first place?

Looking awesome has nothing to do with it. You can emboss those images with 24-karat gold and I wouldn't want one. Seriously, do you think this place would bode and better with any more divisions between users? Not to mention that you're just looking for e-peen with "ultimate authority (whatever the hell that may be), using your persona. It's just silly.

I'll stick to what we've had set for the last three years, thanks.

Mystic had said that he worked really hard to make this forum be economic in terms of screen usage. These are just the kind of things that make screen usage horrible.

Kitsune said:

When did I say you could use that image? :<

Armonte, were those bars in an order? I like how you put Admin and Armonte's Friend between Banned and Registered User, although I can see where you're coming from with the whole "being an admin is like being somewhere between banned and a user" since they have to put up with threads suggesting stuff that will never happen. Of course, we haven't had many of those lately...

Oh wait!

You want status images? Put them in your avatar then, because adding them to the forum would no doubt lower the max avatar size even more.

There are no ranks displayed on the SRB2 forum for a reason. We don't need e-peen inflation for something stupid like post count. That's also the reason why we don't display your post count anywhere but in your profile. It's simply not important information.

If you want a cool rank or people to like you, I suggest making something interesting or accomplishing something, not posting a bunch of crap on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back