RoyKirbs

they/them frien
Administrator
Judge
✨ Collaborator ✨
The original purple Aerial Garden clone thing originating from SUGOI is back, fully remade from the ground up to best fit modern SRB2 and my own personal evolution in the world of creating SRB2 maps. It includes plenty of secrets and flowers and also bees.

Now including Lilac Acreage!

v1: Initial
v2: Lilac Acreage added, along with it's Legacy version. Emblems added to Conservatory. The lock is broken.
Marble Zone textures from the old SRB2 Community Resource pack, made by Sphere.
Those tree leaf midtextures are by Kwiin

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb21066.jpg
    srb21066.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 681
  • srb21067.jpg
    srb21067.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 549
  • srb21069.jpg
    srb21069.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 482
  • srb21072.jpg
    srb21072.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 434
  • srb21073.jpg
    srb21073.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 394
  • srb21075.jpg
    srb21075.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 358
  • vs_LilacConservatory+_v2.pk3
    2.7 MB · Views: 335
  • srb21496.png
    srb21496.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 158
  • srb21499.png
    srb21499.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 146
  • srb21500.png
    srb21500.png
    241 KB · Views: 141
  • srb21501.png
    srb21501.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! Though, odd thing I noticed on my first playthrough, nd that is I did it as Kirby, and due to using flowers instead of flickies, he kept flinching backwards when eating some things, preventing him from swallowing for ability gains sometimes. Odd, but I won't hold that against you, probably something to do with how Kirby runs checks to prevent him from swallowing flickies, or something. There wern't any other hitches with him, or when playing as the default characters, so nothing to sweat over. Still had an excellent time playing and exploring!

I hosted this and it was pretty fun!
I didn't enjoy the amount of enemies, and the times of misdirection, but other than that, good map!
srb20940.png

Terrible sense of direction, but enjoyable overall. I love the custom objects and the recolored textures, I want more custom levels to do this to make themselves stand out.

Just a heads up. Those leaf midtextures were not made by Spectorious.
the JNGHANGx and BSZxVINE textures, as well as CEZTRA3 used a cookie cutter base of one of Spectorious's textures (once his stage releases you'll see the original texture it's gorgeous)

the JUNGTRMxx and BSZxHANG textures were made using a cookie cutter base of Sphere's CEZTRA0 texture.

Despite this, every leaf midtexture was still put together by me.

Heh, yeah I thought it was about Freedom planet tough, but I remembered SRB2 kart having a Lilac observatory racecourse too.
So guess it's been a SRB2 staple.

EIther way, yeah I had fun, lot's of details. And several hazards I've never seen before. Neato. I got confused a few times tough.

Just a heads up. Those leaf midtextures were not made by Spectorious.
the JNGHANGx and BSZxVINE textures, as well as CEZTRA3 used a cookie cutter base of one of Spectorious's textures (once his stage releases you'll see the original texture it's gorgeous)

the JUNGTRMxx and BSZxHANG textures were made using a cookie cutter base of Sphere's CEZTRA0 texture.

Despite this, every leaf midtexture was still put together by me.

Whups. Sorry. I went and fixed that up right away.

Great job on this one, feels like an act 2 to the original. I actually felt compelled to give this one a second play to see other routes.

H-huh??

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 8.26.03 PM.png

What a grand level! I've already played it twice, but it still doesn't feel like I've seen half of it yet. I found some buttons and I have no idea what they do, but after I post this I'm going right back to find out. C:<

Pretty neat environment! I got lost a couple of times, and the enemy amounts feel a bit spammy, but in general, pretty solid.

Found a visual bug in the chapel area towards the end, in OpenGL the outer sides of the two ramps don't have textures. They look fine in software.

Attachments

• srb20033.jpg
    srb20033.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 202
Oh nice I didn't know you had ported this map to 2.2! I'll check it out tomorrow; always was interested to see this one again after playing it in KIMOKAWAII!

"bees"
I DONT WANNA RIDE ANYMORE

jokes aside, wow, i love this! lilac conservatory was one of my favorite levels in the original SUGOI so seeing it get revamped was pretty neat. my only problems is that sometimes i get lost very easily (open world sonic levels are my ARCH NEMESIS), and also i hate those things that shoot cannon balls. please add less of them next time.
but other than that, good level! really pleasant aesthetic.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back