Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every new development of this game disappoints me, honestly. First we got that awesome concept art that was truly awe-inspiring and creepy. And then that was scraped for a somewhat cliched dark-world environment that lacked much of the punch of what came before. Now that in-game screens are out, the environments look pretty bad. Like, "Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom for the Gamecube" bad. They're passable, but they're still painful to look at. The character models, however, look much better.

I hope the actual gameplay isn't compromised to such an extent.

Last edited:
Get off of Sonic Unleashed and play a real excellent game.

What the hell is wrong with you? Just because I'm on a sonic board instantly flashes that I play SU 24/7? -_-

Sorry, I am a little pissed but, I am going to try out that game sooner or later. Reminds me of Scribblenauts.

I am disappointed. I honestly am. You're not aware of the genius Tim Schafer game, Psychonauts? Get off of Sonic Unleashed and play a real excellent game.
Autosaver doesn't know a game that you love, he's the worst person ever, right? And the fact that you made it sound like he has bad taste made you look like a jerk.

Uh, exactly what kind of game is this? A platformer?

Autosaver doesn't know a game that you love, he's the worst person ever, right? And the fact that you made it sound like he has bad taste made you look like a jerk.

Uh, exactly what kind of game is this? A platformer?

I am sorry. I do admit to being rather harsh. I am sorry, Auto.

Sigh.... Well then.

Yes, I do believe you're on the money here.

Joke? There are 8 year olds on this board.

Well, Mr. Spector did want to scare kids.... Although, I do think that was pushing it.

Alright, sorry about that guys. I should know better than to try to scare the living bejeezus out the board members due to most of them being a little too young to even be here.

Then again, this is a Sonic board after all.... I should've known better.

EDIT: Wait... Sonic Stadium did post that one picture though... That one picture that might actually scare a kid just as bad as that video. Y'know? That picture based off of a Goya painting where it has Sonic eats Tails? And this is on a professional Sonic site that little kids even visit.

Last edited:
Either way, we're being role models for the little children so it's best not to have content like that on this board. However I see no harm in including a link via PM to those who want to see it.

honestly knowing disney today this game will be cancelled

IIRC, Disney actually asked Warren Spector to create this, at first they neglected this, but then they actually let this follow through.

Since Disney actually noticed that their icon is disappearing from modern ages, besides KH, Disney world/land, and etc.

I also think that this was made because Mickey himself is nothing but Rainbows and lolipops nowadays. Warren Spector tried to recreate Mickey from the past since he said he was broken down from his previous personality.
Back in the days, Mickey was mischievous, so he recreated that; the main objective of this game is so Mickey can be more popular again, than just some shirt or childrens education show.

Last edited:
This game looks, as the name indicates, EPIC. Haven't watched any videos yet, but judging by screenshots, looks pretty epic.

It's been a long time since we heard anything about Epic Mickey. Remember when we had coverage on the for about a month straight? It was day after day of news and interviews, and then all of it just stopped. Word had it that the coverage was being pulled back due to the complaints of the game's visuals when compared to the outstanding artwork.

Now we're hearing that Epic Mickey may be on display at E3, and the version being shown off is going to much better reflect what was revealed in the artwork. If Epic Mickey can really pull off a visual style closer to the concept art than the screens we saw, I think many more gamers will show interest. I guess we'll find out the situation in a couple of weeks!
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125367

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/28/junction-point-taking-the-mean-mickey-out-of-epic-mickey/

So apparently they're getting read of the "snarling rat" Scrapper Micky and making him so he has a smudgy look if your karma meter dips too low.

Eh, this is a little disappointing, but not a game killer for me. I just hope they only change the model, though, and not any of the actual plot or things you can do.

Man, who was doing the focus testing? While it's pretty minor, I was actually going to love having a more rat like Mickey as my character.

Testers have become weak sauce.

What they should have done instead was give "the scrapper" green eyes. That would have totally sold the game.

Anyway, from what I've seen at E3, it looks very promising. An open-ended platformer could be very interesting, and involving obscure characters from Disney to boot. I like the idea of being able to choose a mischievous or altruistic path through the game (not sure how that warrants an evil Mickey, but anyway), along with the way the paint and thinner works.

I just hope the game has a good amount of polish and fairly rewarding gameplay. I pretty much ignore all licensed game, because I can barely afford what Nintendo comes out with. I don't know yet if this game will be an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back