• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SuperSonicRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip about those PNG and BMP things and also I thought I would never see an Administrator post on this thing. I know this thing is taking too long. I'm trying to fix up and make some sprites.

Well its been along time since I've visited this topic and I just have 1 question to ask. So, is it ok to copy someone's style of shading (not recoloring someones sprite but just using their style of shading).

Well its been along time since I've visited this topic and I just have 1 question to ask. So, is it ok to copy someone's style of shading (not recoloring someones sprite but just using their style of shading).
I would think so, since it's just a style, a idea, not a actual wad or character.

I'm not specifically sure if this would help but, this is what he should look like in my opinion.
He should have longer quills, and angrier eyes and such.

supersonicclassic.png

Stop ruining sprites already. >:< Jpg fails, and you all need to practice more with spriting. This here also shows I need more practice since I haven't touched sprites in a while, and I've never really attempted glowing type stuff. The ONLY part of this I like is the shoes and maybe the bottom two quills.

Nice way to change my little remake of a remake, But there is something wrong there I just can't seem to put my finger on it....Also, I've never sprited before, so yea.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Also, I can't tell if your trying to go making nextgen look classic speedgod or, making classic look nextgen.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Fixed

Nice way to change my little remake of a remake, But there is something wrong there I just can't seem to put my finger on it....Also, I've never sprited before, so yea.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Also, I can't tell if your trying to go making nextgen look classic speedgod or, making classic look nextgen.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Fixed

Wow Master! You and Senku are awesome at shading! Well I made a little edit to the image you fixed.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1061/supersonic.png
Trying my best to make my supersonic wad look like the supersonic from Sonic Unleashed.

What's the light source here? I understand Super Sonic is supposed to glow, but I'm still not sure if this shading makes much sense.
Blue Warrior, do you want me to do something like SMSUnleashed and draw a white line around supersonic for the light source or something?

What's the light source here? I understand Super Sonic is supposed to glow, but I'm still not sure if this shading makes much sense.
\ Follow the shoes top side and you'll see it. It's hard to shade Super Sonic specially in this sized sprite with a light source being EASILY noticeable.

\ Follow the shoes top side and you'll see it. It's hard to shade Super Sonic specially in this sized sprite with a light source being EASILY noticeable.
I fixed the sprite a little. =P

Is it good?

Uh.....remove that stupid SMS outline from the gloves, shoes, and peach areas. SMS is the WORST example for spriting. I repeat, WORST. Also do we even NEED a SuperSonic RE? :<

Last edited:
Uh.....remove that stupid SMS outline from the gloves, shoes, and peach areas. SMS is the WORST example for spriting. I repeat, WORST. Also do we even NEED a SuperSonic RE? :<

Playing Shadow the hedgehog, supersonic supposed to glow from everywhere
I meant Super Shadow glow from everywhere and sonic and shadow is almost the same except color and shoes in their superform

Last edited:
Lets see.. WHEN in Shadow the Hedgehog did I see Super SONIC..... Oh right, HE WASN'T IN IT. >:< Your point is nullified.

Maybe, but doing that shading style does not indicate glowing. It indicates that you don't know how to shade sprites and think outlining a sprite with a color means it's "glowing". If you want something to really glow, go play 1.09 in OGL mode. That's just an ugly line around your character, not a glow.

Well even more to the point, Senku, the glowy effect never even worked properly in 1.X OpenGL. There's a reason it was removed from even 2.0 OGL mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back